Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
This is for those whose applications are being processed in Visa offices inside Canada ONLY

I called ircc twice today, both agents refused to tell me the status of my application because my application is being processed outside Canada.
I called from a newfoundland number. The first call was at 8am in the morning (waiting time was 1 min) , second call was in the middle of the day (waiting time was 40min).

I called from a newfoundland number because it's a small populated province so it receives less calls from clients. other provinces are receiving high volume of calls so it would be impossible to connect to a support agent there.

How to Call IRCC from outside Canada:

1. download "2ndline" app (it's totally free). Sign up, choose (Don't use location).
2. Enter the area code of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward (Choose one of them to avoid high volume of calls). Google the area codes of them.
3. Choose a free number.
4. Call IRCC number (1-888-242-2100) between (8am-4pm) at the local time of the province.
5. Follow the instructions till you hear "if you want to talk to an agent press 0". Press 0 and wait.
6. The agent will ask for your information (like UCI, application number, email, address...) for security purposes.
7. Ask him/her about the status of your application (Eligibility status and other statuses).
8. Ask him/her about the current status of your eligibility and what it was before so we can have some insights about stages of eligibility.

Please tell me what happens with you. Good luck.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So why are you telling people how to ring IRCC from outside Canada knowing they will not give you the information? In any case, it's pretending you are in Canada when you are not.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Is there a way to contact Shanghai IRCC as my file is being processed there though I'm applying from India..
I couldn't find anyway to contact them through phone and IRCC doesn't give information to my file as its being processed outside.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
So why are you telling people how to ring IRCC from outside Canada knowing they will not give you the information?
Because many ,if not all, sds applications are being processed in visa offices in Canada so once you call them they will tell you the status. some people are still blindly waiting form last year.
it's pretending you are in Canada when you are not.
No, not pretending, you are outside Canada but calling from a Canadian number, it's fine. You call them because your application is being processed in Canada (who you should contact in this case!!!). The agent asks for your home address, tell him where you are.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
Is there a way to contact Shanghai IRCC as my file is being processed there though I'm applying from India..
I couldn't find anyway to contact them through phone and IRCC doesn't give information to my file as its being processed outside.
The only way is the webform if your office doesn't have a number to call.

According to my gcms notes, my secondary office is Windsor IRCC (in Toronto), I told the support agent that my application is also being processed in another office in Canada, she said that I should contact the primary office (which is Abu dhabi) by sending a webform.