+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I called CIC office just now - You may find this information useful

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have contacted the following number +1 613 944 4000 to clarify about my application, it took me a while to get to an agent. Once you inform the agent that you are not calling within Canadian territories, he/she says: I'm sorry we cannot assist you... we only have information about applications submitted within Canada. There's no help center for applicants outside Canada.

If you wanna give it a try... this is the extension sequence to speak directly to an agent: 1,1,1,3,9,0 (but remember you have to wait after each dialed number for the operator to speak.

One more thing... you can check the status of your application using this number too!! I forgot the sequence of the touch tone, but you may insert your application number and year of birth and the operator states if your application is in process or not.

She mentioned that all online applications applied after June 3rd have not been processed yet... so for those who applied after that date, you have to be patient.

I wasted 35$ on this call, so do not waste yours unless it is urgent. I hope this is helpful to some applicants.

Good luck everyone :D

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Just a tip. Call using Google Hangouts or Skype to save money when calling to Canada/USA from India.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
karanpandya said:
I have applied offline on 29th june through vfs bangalore.. You are talking about online applications?
Yes, I am speaking about "online" applications submitted outside Canada.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
All applications submitted before June 3rd are in process now... so yours is in process. They do not mention how long you need to wait for a decision... I am like you waiting for any update. What I have realized from this call is that the CIC offices process the applications in waves (blocks of months or weeks).

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hrsimran Singh said:
@studypermit it means they will give me study visa this week?
I really do not know. I hope and pray we get them this week. If it was in my hands, I would stamp your visa right now :p :p

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
No way, Ive seen people apply mid June and they just got their replies. People on this website have also posted about approvals and stuff.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
reason984flood said:
No way, Ive seen people apply mid June and they just got their replies. People on this website have also posted about approvals and stuff.
I believe those are people who submitted paper based applications that are processed at the local CHC.

studentpermit is speaking of online applications, correct me if i'm wrong

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
I believe those are people who submitted paper based applications that are processed at the local CHC.

studentpermit is speaking of online applications, correct me if i'm wrong
Yes harvijay, you are right. I am speaking about the online applications only.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hrsimran Singh said:
@studypermit it means they will give me study visa this week?
No one can answer that as there are no guarantees ypu will get a study permit. That is up to the permit officer.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Guys,

I called the CIC number again... They are now processing online applications up to June 18. If this soothes the anxiety of some applicants ;D

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hush yes it does, applied June 30th. If they went two weeks ahead in 2 days, I guess by within next week they'll start processing mine.