+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for asylum but the dates on my BOC Form are wrong what should I do ?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I did my interview on Thursday and I was eligible, but I realized the dates I visited Canada in the past are wrong can I change that ? I also did something I'm not supposed to do when I studied English I was on visitor visa and I studied a year I didn't know about what I did was illegal until after I got my certificate saying I graduated on dec but in my form I said January to June what should I do ? I'm afraid this will impact my case please help :(

Mi90s

Jan 23, 2020
How does a claimant amend or change the form?
Claimants can make changes and additions to the Basis of Claim after it is submitted. This must be done no later than 10 days before their refugee protection hearing date.

A claimant should make the changes and additions on their copy of the Basis of Claim Form that they submitted. They should cross out the things they want to change, and underline the additions. If the additions are lengthy, they should provide them on a separate page and underline them. They must sign and date each page of the Basis of Claim Form that contains changes or additions. They must also sign and date a declaration that says that the form, as revised by the changes and additions is true, complete and correct.

Claimants who do not read English must also attach an interpreter‘s declaration each time there are changes and additions. This declaration must be dated and signed by the interpreter. It must state that the changes and additions were interpreted to the claimant before they signed.

The claimant must give the Immigration and Refugee Board an original and a copy of each page that has any changes or additions.

Source: https://refugee.cleo.on.ca/en/amending-or-changing-basis-claim-form

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Thanks for replying to me. what about my English program should I change it to July to December ? the certificate showing I completed the program on 2017 December 21.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying to me. what about my English program should I change it to July to December ? the certificate showing I completed the program on 2017 December 21.
If you completed the program in December put December. Honestly is incredibly important when claiming asylum.

Last edited: