+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am the prime applicant, received visa and my spouse received Procedural fairness letter.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
My spouse sponsors me for my study program in Canada. He has received procedural fairness letter and his visa is still not approved.

In case, if he becomes inadmissible, will I able to go to Canada alone? Am I eligible to use his fund?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
My spouse sponsors me for my study program in Canada. He has received procedural fairness letter and his visa is still not approved.

In case, if he becomes inadmissible, will I able to go to Canada alone? Am I eligible to use his fund?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Your post is not clear. Did you both apply together? Do you mean he received a PFL for his SOWP application? What was the PFL about?

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
Hi Thanks for asking. I applied as an international student, he applied with me for work permit. He paid my tuition fee. First my visa got approved but his visa got struck with PFL. Waiting for their reply.

And we made a simple mistake unknowingly in filling the application about his US visa denial once.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi Thanks for asking. I applied as an international student, he applied with me for work permit. He paid my tuition fee. First my visa got approved but his visa got struck with PFL. Waiting for their reply.

And we made a simple mistake unknowingly in filling the application about his US visa denial once.
Refusing to declare a previous refusal to any country is a grave offense. Unless you are able to give a convincing reason for this omission, he will likely be banned for misrepresentation. That should not affect your own trip as you are the principal applicant and you should be able to use whatever funds you are given access to.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
Your reply is so helpful and clarified my doubt. I wonder why Ircc takes a long time to decide his application. It is since 3.5 months, we sent the response. Thank you.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
My program starts in September 7th. I have to plan for my spouse and kid's health insurance, 14 day quarentine etc

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Its not gonna affect you, thats separare applicant whether you applied together or not. My understanding is in refugee claims, inadminissibilty of one claimant affects others.
Most of PFL are failure to declare past visa refusal from other countries, your spouse need to reply immediately and convince VO as to why he chose to say NO instead of yes… if VO is convinced and provided he meets all conditions, he will be granted SOWP. Worst case situation is he’ll be banned for misrepresentation. There are other avenues to overcome that if happens, your spouse need good lawyer

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020

Best option is to reply through a lawyer, don't reply on your own. My opinion.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
Hi all, thanks for your reply. It is so helpful.

I have two options: provided I can enter Canada (my visa is approved, but my spouse is my sponsor from our joint a/c).

I will enter Canada with my daughter and get educated and later If I happen to stay there for long, can I invite my spouse to Canada to stay with me after his 5-year ban? will there be any problems?

Or

Now, I have to ask for a refund from the college.

Please clarify, whether my husband's inadmissibility affects me and my daughter.

Thank you.

Bankueba

May 2, 2021
Hi all, thanks for your reply. It is so helpful.

I have two options: provided I can enter Canada (my visa is approved, but my spouse is my sponsor from our joint a/c).

I will enter Canada with my daughter and get educated and later If I happen to stay there for long, can I invite my spouse to Canada to stay with me after his 5-year ban? will there be any problems?

Or

Now, I have to ask for a refund from the college.

Please clarify, whether my husband's inadmissibility affects me and my daughter.

Thank you.