+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am So sad, It sames no way out for Electrical Engineer to get the PNP

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
I just got the job duty description letter from HR, so helpful next step I will ask HR helping to finish the employer Form for my Job offer: Foreign Worker Stream-Ontario PNP.

BUT! I found there are no invitations that happened in these last 4 years of Ontario PNP history. I mean for Electrical Engineer.

How an Electrical Engineer gets PR here in ONTARIO CANADA.
(To another Province? I design the Nuclear Power Plant, just Ontario has the whole nuclear industry market).

I am really sad.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just got the job duty description letter from HR, so helpful next step I will ask HR helping to finish the employer Form for my Job offer: Foreign Worker Stream-Ontario PNP.

BUT! I found there are no drawings that happened these 4 years of Ontario PNP history.

(Don’t tell to relocate to other Province, I design the Nuclear Power Plant, just Ontario has the whole nuclear industry market).

I am really sad
What are you talking about? OINP-FWS with a job offer is not based on you NOC. There are no draws for that stream but invitations to apply. Your employer must be eligible and if a government agency then not sure it is eligible.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-streams-employer-guide

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

BUT! I found there are no drawings that happened these 4 years of Ontario PNP history.

(Don’t tell to relocate to other Province, I design the Nuclear Power Plant, just Ontario has the whole nuclear industry market).

I am really sad
This program is open and issuing invitation to apply regularly. I agree that you have misunderstood how the program works. If you qualify under this program, then you should submit an expression of interest.

Reactions: BryanZ

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

I am really sad
Have you created an OINP Expression of Interest profile in the Ontario Immigration website?

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
Have you created an OINP Expression of Interest profile on the Ontario Immigration website?
Not yet, should I get all the supporting documents ready(based on the PNP requirements list) and then create it?
Today our company refused my job offer foreign worker employer form. They would not help us to go this PNP

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
This program is open and issuing invitation to apply regularly. I agree that you have misunderstood how the program works. If you qualify under this program, then you should submit an expression of interest.
Thank you so much,

I do not submit the expression of interest yet, today HR refused me to fill the employer form.

I could not go this Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream now.

I am missing now, deeply. I have no idea how should I do next.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much,

I do not submit the expression of interest yet, today HR refused me to fill the employer form.

I could not go this Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream now.

I am missing now, deeply. I have no idea how should I do next.
If your employer is unwilling to complete the employer form, then this program is not an option for you.

If you don't want to change provinces, then Express Entry is probably your only option. You will need to increase your score. Make sure your have maxed out your English test score. Learn French and take that exam to score more points.

How many points do you have right now under Express Entry?

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
If your employer is unwilling to complete the employer form, then this program is not an option for you.

If you don't want to change provinces, then Express Entry is probably your only option. You will need to increase your score. Make sure your have maxed out your English test score. Learn French and take that exam to score more points.

How many points do you have right now under Express Entry?
if my wife got clb7 and I work over one year, the 400 is the most highest score I could have. 43 years old now.
My wife is a baker working in Ontario BTW.

The question is which province we should choose, just Ontario has the nuclear industry. I am a nuclear electrical engineer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if my wife got clb7 and I work over one year, the 400 is the most highest score I could have. 43 years old now.
My wife is a baker working in Ontario BTW.

The question is which province we should choose, just Ontario has the nuclear industry. I am a nuclear electrical engineer
Ontario is not the only province. I think you need to do more research. Start with New Brunswick.

Have you looked into your wife being the primary applicant?

So you already know French and your score of 400 includes points for the French language test?

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
Ontario is not the only province. I think you need to do more research. Start with New Brunswick.

Have you looked into your wife being the primary applicant?

So you already know French and your score of 400 includes points for the French language test?
Ye, NB has its own Candu, one reactor unit NPP.
and yes as your mentioned, we also consider my wife as a main application, and want to go the Skilled Trades stream way. PNP.
and she is 38y graduate of Toronto college. Do you think this would be a good choice?

I was so nervous to get the PR honestly.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
and yes as your mentioned, we also consider my wife as a main application, and want to go the Skilled Trades stream way. PNP.
and she is 38y graduate of Toronto college. Do you think this would be a good choice?

When did your wife graduate from college? Did she work under PGWP? If yes, check your wife's employer if willing to support OINP International Student Job Offer stream application.

FYI, Ontario holds several invitations per year through the various OINP streams.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You should research all options.

Your ages lower your chances so it makes sense you are nervous.

BryanZ

Oct 15, 2022
When did your wife graduate from college? Did she work under PGWP? If yes, check your wife's employer if willing to support OINP International Student Job Offer stream application.

FYI, Ontario holds several invitations per year through the various OINP streams.
Thanks,
She worked for just 6 months now, ye, she will ask HR next few days, normally just send the Employer Form to HR right? To try?
Another problem is her company location is Toronto and the baker's wage is really low. She could not get decent EOI scores.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thanks,
She worked for just 6 months now, ye, she will ask HR next few days, normally just send the Employer Form to HR right? To try?
Another problem is her company location is Toronto and the baker's wage is really low. She could not get decent EOI scores.
You can't have the form signed if you haven't yet received an invitation to apply.

Wage might be a problem because one of the requirements in the job offer stream is that the job wage offer must meet the provincial median for that particular position.

What program did your wife finish in this Toronto college? When did she finish it? Is nuclear electrical engineering the only job you can do? Can you diversify into other technical fields?

Immigrating at an "older" age is still possible, although very hard as compared to much younger applicants. You have to know which cards to play and be ready to play all-in. Use the maximin and minimax principle in game theory. I was 50 when I got my OINP invitation, and 51 when I applied for my federal PR. So technically, yes, still possible.

Reactions: BryanZ and scylla