+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am so incredibly stressed out and could use advice...

Picklewizard

Oct 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied to sponsor my boyfriend, because we are both in the US and we both want to go to school. I haven't received AOR1 yet after having to resend the packet.

We're applying for schools right now.. and the process is really confusing and stressful. If we're applying for schools right now and get accepted, but PR isn't granted until after school starts, can we defer enrollment? Is it likely that PR will not be granted because we couldn't prove when we applied that we were going to apply for school? We applied before school applications started, and we have no idea what our financial situation will look like (ie what housing we can afford and if we need jobs) so everything is up in the air..

I hope we get additional document requests so we can adequately prove our intent. I'm just worried they will deny us instead of allowing us to show them what we have been doing to prepare.

Anyways I guess I just need reassurance if it's warranted, or otherwise someone to help steer me in the right direction.

Teelee

Oct 24, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

I applied to sponsor my boyfriend, because we are both in the US and we both want to go to school. I haven't received AOR1 yet after having to resend the packet.

We're applying for schools right now.. and the process is really confusing and stressful. If we're applying for schools right now and get accepted, but PR isn't granted until after school starts, can we defer enrollment? Is it likely that PR will not be granted because we couldn't prove when we applied that we were going to apply for school? We applied before school applications started, and we have no idea what our financial situation will look like (ie what housing we can afford and if we need jobs) so everything is up in the air..

I hope we get additional document requests so we can adequately prove our intent. I'm just worried they will deny us instead of allowing us to show them what we have been doing to prepare.

Anyways I guess I just need reassurance if it's warranted, or otherwise someone to help steer me in the right direction.
People in our month are just now getting AOR1 be patient have faith :)

Reactions: Picklewizard

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

The process isn't meant to be done in a way where you apply and then IRCC patiently asks you for proof of what you were supposed to provide in your application.

Applying for school in and of itself isn't proof of intent to return to Canada.

I hope it works out for you.

Picklewizard

Oct 3, 2018
The process isn't meant to be done in a way where you apply and then IRCC patiently asks you for proof of what you were supposed to provide in your application.

Applying for school in and of itself isn't proof of intent to return to Canada.
How is one supposed to provide that proof if school applications don't open until a certain time, and financial aid awards operate the same way? This is why we (and all 4 of our parents) wrote detailed letters explaining our exact intentions and why we had insufficient proof of intent when we applied. Please help me understand how this is supposed to work for people intending to go to school.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

Whether you can defer is up to the schools.

It depends on what other proof of intent to return you can provide. If IRCC isn't satisfied, they will request more proof.