+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am PR holder but baby born outside canada

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Dear Friends,

Me & my wife got PR on July 2015 and just after getting the PR we return to our home country Bangladesh. Recently my wife got pregnant and my wife is not willing to deliver the baby in Canada. Now my query is if we want to enter Canada next year with my new baby then:

1. How difficult it is to get PRV for my new born?

If we don't get PRV then I know one parents have to return back to Canada and sponsor his/her kid to enter in Canada. So my next questions are:

2. After returning to Canada, can I sponsor my kid immediately? Or I have to get a job then stay some time in Canada and then send the sponsorship
3. How long it takes to manage the Sponsorship for my kid?
4. After sending the Sponsorship, do we need to manage additional documents as proof of parents-kid biological relationship? like DNA test etc.

Appreciate your advice, as my wife is at her 25th weeks of pregnancy and we need to take quick decision.

Best regards,

Ashik

FJ

May 25, 2013
since you are PR, not citizen, you have to be living in Canada when you sponsor your child.
We were in the same situation. So when we got back to Canada as PRs, my child entered Canada as a visitor. We are from a country in which temporary visa is exempt. Then we applied for her permanent residence and it is now under process.

When I entered Canada I explained to the officer that only she is a visitor and we are PRs. The officer just said, OK, then you are going to apply for her PR while staying Canada, so I said yes. It was no problem at all.

Reactions: milin4ever

FJ

May 25, 2013
I don't know how long the process takes. I applied for her PR about two months ago and the sponsorship eligibility was finally approved.

You can apply for your child's PR as soon as you arrive at Canada. You don't have to meet any income requirement to sponsor your child but at least the officer must be convinced you can support your child financially in some way.

My husband is self-employed and has never filed a tax return in Canada yet. So he submitted a short letter explaining about his business plan and his business profit document made in our own country in the past year.

FJ

May 25, 2013
For proof of biological relationship. Guide 3907E - Family Class Sponsorship - General Asia may be helpful but I am not sure about your country's case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ashikn said:
1. How difficult it is to get PRV for my new born?

If we don't get PRV then I know one parents have to return back to Canada and sponsor his/her kid to enter in Canada. So my next questions are:

2. After returning to Canada, can I sponsor my kid immediately? Or I have to get a job then stay some time in Canada and then send the sponsorship
3. How long it takes to manage the Sponsorship for my kid?
4. After sending the Sponsorship, do we need to manage additional documents as proof of parents-kid biological relationship? like DNA test etc.
1. The bolded part of your question doesn't make sense. One of the parents has to return to Canada in order to apply for the child's PR.

It isn't difficult but the sponsor must be in Canada throughout the process.

2. Yes, you can sponsor immediately.

3. Sponsorship will probably take about 6 months.

4. DNA tests are rarely required.

You could attempt to apply for a TRV for the child. If it's refused, you could try for a TRP. If that is refused, then the child will need to remain outside of Canada until the PR app is approved. As you will need to reside in Canada, you may be separated from your family for many months.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks all for your prompt response and guidance.

So I think it would be good, if we plan to deliver our child in Canada. Can you advice the following as well:

1. After the birth, how long it takes to get the birth certificate?
2. Also as we will return back to Bangladesh for few months with my new born kids, so how long it will take to issue passport for my child?
3. I guess, I also have to take Bangladeshi visa for my new born, or Canadians will get port entry visa in Bangladesh?
4. Apart from birth certificate and passport, do I need take any other additional documents to fly back Bangladesh?

Best regards,

Ashik

pyros1

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-23-2016
AOR Received.
06-23-2016
Med's Done....
XX-02-2016
1 - depends on your province. BC is 3-4 weeks.
2 - passport you require long form birth certificate and add 2-3 more weeks on top of the previous answer.

can't help you with 3/4

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ashikn said:
So I think it would be good, if we plan to deliver our child in Canada. Can you advice the following as well:

2. Also as we will return back to Bangladesh for few months with my new born kids, so how long it will take to issue passport for my child?
As you don't intend to reside in Canada for more than a few months after the birth, you will not qualify for health coverage and will be required to pay for all medical costs yourselves.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
1. The bolded part of your question doesn't make sense. One of the parents has to return to Canada in order to apply for the child's PR.

It isn't difficult but the sponsor must be in Canada throughout the process.

2. Yes, you can sponsor immediately.

3. Sponsorship will probably take about 6 months.

4. DNA tests are rarely required.

You could attempt to apply for a TRV for the child. If it's refused, you could try for a TRP. If that is refused, then the child will need to remain outside of Canada until the PR app is approved. As you will need to reside in Canada, you may be separated from your family for many months.
Hi

Could you please clarify . You said that the processing time will probably take 6 month .
I can imagine that the process of immigration for spouse would take 6 month ( However it should not take all of this time ) . But it is out of logic to have the process of 6 month to a baby who is coming to live in this stupid life less than 1 month ago . what the CIC wanted to know about a new born ? what is the security risk that 1 month baby could have to Canada ? I think those people should check their IQ'S as soon as possible !!!!!!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
But it is out of logic to have the process of 6 month to a baby who is coming to live in this stupid life less than 1 month ago . what the CIC wanted to know about a new born ?
Probably the thousands of applications that IRCC received before theirs.............Having a baby doesn't move you to the front of the line......

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Buletruck said:
Probably the thousands of applications that IRCC received before theirs.............Having a baby doesn't move you to the front of the line......
Thanks for your comment . But I think that having a sufficient ethics and humanity will mandate putting the newborn in front of all . By the way , I dont have children yet .But from a human perspective , it is not ethical and not justifiable to separate babies from their families especially when the parents have a PR .

You said that thousand of applications that IRCC received .OK , Could you explain why the processing of application is varies between countries ? I have submitted my application on June and alot of people who were submitted their application after this have gotten their PPR ? could you justify , why ? Knowing that some countries receive a thousand of application and they process the application within 3-4 months .While other recieved less than this number and they took more than a years . It is all about inconsistency in work not the pressure of work

Thanks

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
semos said:
.But from a human perspective , it is not ethical and not justifiable to separate babies from their families especially when the parents have a PR .
The parents made a personal choice to get PR then go back to home country to have a baby. They could have stayed in Canada and baby would have been a citizen upon birth with no need to sponsor them.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
But I think that having a sufficient ethics and humanity will mandate putting the newborn in front of all
And that's your opinion. My opinion differs from yours. As RobTO mentioned, they made a choice.

Could you explain why the processing of application is varies between countries ?
The lack of reliable means to confirm information from a significant number of countries, the pervasive use of forged documents, history of immigration of convenience, failure to correctly complete or completely neglect to include all the required information........to name a few.

If the process was as simple as taking everyone's opinion on how it should work, it would be significantly more broken than it already is.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Rob_TO said:
The parents made a personal choice to get PR then go back to home country to have a baby. They could have stayed in Canada and baby would have been a citizen upon birth with no need to sponsor them.
You are right in this case (parents made a personal choice to go back to home country ) . I know someone who have sponsored his wife and she was a pregnant and her due date was within 2 month of arrival (after her application was approved ) . As you know my dear, in Ontario , you have to be resided for at least 3 months to get your OHIP . otherwise you are going to pay 10,000 CAD for Normal delivery and 25,000 for CS .
As the physicin decided that his wife has to go with CS ( which cost 25000) , the man choose to send his wife back to her home country to have the baby there because he could not afford this amount of money as he was a students .
So, there is some cases that should be considered carefully

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Buletruck said:
And that's your opinion. My opinion differs from yours. As RobTO mentioned, they made a choice.

The lack of reliable means to confirm information from a significant number of countries, the pervasive use of forged documents, history of immigration of convenience, failure to correctly complete or completely neglect to include all the required information........to name a few.

If the process was as simple as taking everyone's opinion on how it should work, it would be significantly more broken than it already is.
My dear , in some visa offices the applications kept unopened for several months and sometimes a years and when they have the chance to open it they asked for a new updated forms and the application entered into coma again .
One month ago there was a suggestion to make an express line applications ( with extra fees ), . This confirmed and justify what I reported earlier .

thanks