canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
semos said:
You are right in this case (parents made a personal choice to go back to home country ) . I know someone who have sponsored his wife and she was a pregnant and her due date was within 2 month of arrival (after her application was approved ) . As you know my dear, in Ontario , you have to be resided for at least 3 months to get your OHIP . otherwise you are going to pay 10,000 CAD for Normal delivery and 25,000 for CS .
As the physicin decided that his wife has to go with CS ( which cost 25000) , the man choose to send his wife back to her home country to have the baby there because he could not afford this amount of money as he was a students .
So, there is some cases that should be considered carefully
Again, this is down to their personal choice to have a child when they did and nothing to do with IRCC.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Simos mentioned "I know someone who have sponsored his wife and she was a pregnant and her due date was within 2 month of arrival (after her application was approved ) . As you know my dear, in Ontario , you have to be resided for at least 3 months to get your OHIP . otherwise you are going to pay 10,000 CAD for Normal delivery and 25,000 for CS"

I am a bit confused, As me and my wife both are PR holder and we got valid health cards, so do we also have to pay this kinds of 10k or 25k for normal or CS?

Also as we are planning to deliver in Toronto, so I heard it takes 10 days to get the birth certificate and 7 days to get the passport. Is it right? can anyone advise?

Best regards

Ashik

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ashikn said:
I am a bit confused, As me and my wife both are PR holder and we got valid health cards, so do we also have to pay this kinds of 10k or 25k for normal or CS?
Your OHIP cards are not valid. When you left the country last year, you were required to inform OHIP that you were leaving so that they could stop your coverage. When you return, you need to inform OHIP of your absence and wait 3 months in order to once again qualify for coverage.

If you don't inform OHIP and give birth before the 3 month mark, you will be committing healthcare fraud.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Now I am more confused :)

Btw I left last year May and my medical cards were posted to my cousin's postal address on July 2015. I never claimed or getting any coverage from that medical card. So is it still a fraud case?

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
This is what I have found in below URL. Can you pls advice

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/longer_absences.aspx

Absences Outside Canada

You may be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage if you are away from Ontario for one of the following reasons :
•Study full-time outside of Canada
•Work outside of Canada
•Charitable work outside of Canada

To be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during one of these absences, you must first meet certain physical presence requirements. You must be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 2 consecutive years immediately before the absence.

Other Types of Absences

You may also be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during a longer absence when you are away from Ontario for vacation or other reasons for up to 2-years at a time which may be taken as a full two-year absence or as two one-year absences.

To be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during your first absence of this type, you must typically be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 2 consecutive years before the absence.

You may be eligible to maintain your OHIP coverage during subsequent absences of this type. To be eligible for a further Vacation/Other Reason absence, you must meet the physical presence requirements in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 5 consecutive years before each subsequent absence.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ashikn said:
Now I am more confused :)

Btw I left last year May and my medical cards were posted to my cousin's postal address on July 2015. I never claimed or getting any coverage from that medical card. So is it still a fraud case?
This just means you don't currently have OHIP coverage. When you return back to Canada, both of you will need to wait 3 month before you are eligible to use OHIP again. During this 3 months waiting period, all healthcare costs will need to be paid by you out of pocket.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Based on your previous posts (landed in April 2015 and stayed only 26 days) and have been outside Canada for more than 153 days, you wont have health coverage in Canada when you return (in fact, you never did since you left before the waiting period was achieved). You wil need to reapply when you return and wait the three months. During that time you will need to pay your medical costs. Having a PR card (or even citizenship) does not give access to healthcare if you do not meet the requirements of the program.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
So you are saying the health card which I got is not valid as I was outside of canadan more then 153.

Then what you will say about this below statement from www.health.gov.on.ca

"I may also be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during a longer absence when you are away from Ontario for vacation or other reasons for up to 2-years at a time which may be taken as a full two-year absence or as two one-year absences"

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
First, you were not in Canada after your initial landing (according to your previous posts) sufficient time to even qualify for OHIP (26 days vs. the 90 day requirement), so that's the first problem. As far as the 2 year vacation coverage, you need to have been A) covered by OHIP (you weren't) and B) present in Ontario for at least 153 days in the previous two consecutive years. Since you landed in April 2015, this doesn't apply to you.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks got your point. So can anyone suggests how many days it takes to reissue health card? I know it around 3 months but can anyone share the number of days like 70 or 80 days.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ashikn said:
Thanks got your point. So can anyone suggests how many days it takes to reissue health card? I know it around 3 months but can anyone share the number of days like 70 or 80 days.
3 months. 90 days.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ashikn said:
It's not about re-issuing your health card. Most likely you can eventually just use the current health card you already have.

The problem is you are not eligible for OHIP coverage until after a full 3 month/90 day waiting period, after you return to Canada.

Only after you complete the full 90 day waiting period, can you then use OHIP again. For confirmation on if you need a new heath card re-issued or not, contact Service Ontario.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
keep in mind that once you meet the 3 month waiting period, if, as you have mentioned, you plan to leave Ontario (and Canada) for an extended period right after the baby is born, you should expect that OHIP will bill you for the services rendered

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for your advice.

As we are planning to deliver our baby in Canada, and we are not eligible for OHIP, so can you pls advice is there any Midwife communicate organization that can provide us necessary service and pay all the expenses for my wife's delivery at hospital.