+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am on Open Work Permit want to buy house, please help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buying a house is a big decision and can be quite challenging, especially when you're on an open work permit and waiting for your PR application to be processed.
Piece of cake in 2020 but not now.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
I don't know about other people, but it seems to me that buying a house in today's environment is not such a difficult process, as long as you have the money.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
Buying a home is an important decision that can be quite tricky, especially when you have an open work permit and are waiting for your PR application to be processed. Also, if you are looking for potential properties to consider and also want to find properties in popular cities, you can check out this link. They have a variety of housing options that may suit you and your wife. All in all, buying a home is a big investment and needs careful consideration.
That's what I'm talking about, now there are many services with which you can buy or rent a house. And it will not be difficult if you have money, other people will do the rest for you, you will only pay for the services.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't know about other people, but it seems to me that buying a house in today's environment is not such a difficult process, as long as you have the money.
Rules for non-PR or citizen buyers have changed so it can be much harder if not impossible to buy. In general most newcomers don’t have the credit history or deposit if they qualify to purchase a home as a newcomer. It is really dependent on personal circumstances.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Rules for non-PR or citizen buyers have changed so it can be much harder if not impossible to buy. In general most newcomers don’t have the credit history or deposit if they qualify to purchase a home as a newcomer. It is really dependent on personal circumstances.
Work permit holders can now buy property however in Ontario the non resident tax is still applicable - so if you plan to become a PR and have additional funds then you can buy and reclaim the tax back once you become PR

yosdidaedward

Apr 13, 2023
Buying a house is a big decision and can be quite challenging, especially when you're on an open work permit and waiting for your PR application to be processed. As for your question about the 20% foreign entity tax exemption, it's best to consult with a real estate lawyer or a tax professional. They can give you more specific and accurate advice on this matter. Additionally, if you're looking for potential properties to consider, you may want to check out Lentor lentorhillsresidences-lentorhillsroad.sg. They have a variety of residential options that may be suitable for you and your wife. Overall, buying a house is a big investment and requires careful consideration.
Be sure to check the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) website for more information on mortgages and housing options in Canada. Additionally, it’s important to consult with a real estate lawyer or a tax professional to understand the regulations and laws around buying a house in Canada. Finally, don’t forget to factor in the costs associated with buying a house, such as closing costs, lawyer’s fees, and taxes.