+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am on EI. Do i need to declare my Income tax refund on my bi-weekly report?

jim dandy

Nov 5, 2019
If im on EI. Do i need to declare my Income tax refund in my bi-weekly report??

"Is there any other money that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report?"

Do I answer YES or NO if I'm getting a tax refund?

Thanks to all who answer.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

"Is there any other money that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report?"

1. The answer is NO, tax refunds are not earnings.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Do u guys know how to apply for benefits i was worling full time but now my place is closed becuase of covid so am I eligible to apply emergency care benefits

Riguzman

Apr 23, 2020
Hi

Hi,

I’m confused also with that question in the EI reporting. I both receive EI $500 per week 3 times since march 20 and one time CERB $2000. I received a total of $3,500 already. Shall i answer ‘YES’?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hi,

I’m confused also with that question in the EI reporting. I both receive EI $500 per week 3 times since march 20 and one time CERB $2000. I received a total of $3,500 already. Shall i answer ‘YES’?
You're not supposed to be double dipping... Most likely you will have to pay that money back.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

Two things , you're collecting money from two benefit programs. They will want some of those funds back
And you'll answer NO

Reactions: Riguzman

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I DID NOT apply for CERB. I just applied EI at service canada.
Then there was a glitch in the system .EI claims after a certain date were automatically rolled over to CERB And per the Government, some were inadvertently paid EI & CERB.
That's why I mentioned, per the Government, they'll be looking for any payments made in error, to be repaid

patche

May 10, 2021
jim dandy said:

Hi

But the question is 'is there any other MONEY that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report' - it does not specify the money having to be 'earnings' in this particular question. An earlier question in the report asks about any earnings to report. So hence the confusion. Anyone?

Add: I guess because the 'money' in the tax refund relates to prior years, it would not be considered to have been received 'for the period of this report'??? So... still no??

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
But the question is 'is there any other MONEY that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report' - it does not specify the money having to be 'earnings' in this particular question. An earlier question in the report asks about any earnings to report. So hence the confusion. Anyone?

Add: I guess because the 'money' in the tax refund relates to prior years, it would not be considered to have been received 'for the period of this report'??? So... still no??
I used to work @ the EI call centre . The answer is still No

Reactions: patche