+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not sure I can raise my CELPIP score

llst11

May 4, 2017
Hello everyone, I hope everybody in this forum is having a great Friday night.

Personally, I wish I am having a good Friday night, but sadly my mood is bit down right now.

Because I heard from my employers today that they cannot apply for LMIA for me.

So I lost additional 50 points on my CRA, and now my current score is 427 which is considerably low score since recent minimum ITA scores been between 440~450.

I only took CELPIP once before on last November, and scores were L11 R12 S8 W7.

My NOC class is B, so they are above requirement, but I really like to increase speaking and writing scores to both 9, so I can have CRA score above 450.

However, I am not sure I can make that happen. Yes, it might be sound pathetic, I lost my confidence on my English ever since I received my CELPIP scores.
I grew up in US and went to a university in Canada for 3 years, so I was full of confidence that I am good at English, but apparently, I overestimated myself.

Now I have to face the fact that I need to retake the test, but I have not even determined which test I will take.
I need study too, but I do not know where do I have to start and what to do to make improvements.
I am just running away from a reality that chasing me like a wuss, and reality is getting bigger and bigger becoming a horror that haunting me.

PPreet preet

Apr 7, 2018
Hello
I gave ielts few times, but not getting the desired result for PR file. Now I came to know about CELPIP. i am new for this exam. Can you help me. I have no idea from where I should start studying CELPIP

llst11

May 4, 2017
Hello
I gave ielts few times, but not getting the desired result for PR file. Now I came to know about CELPIP. i am new for this exam. Can you help me. I have no idea from where I should start studying CELPIP
Hello there, I am pleasure to make an acquaintance with you.

Try CELPIP Accelerate on CELPIP official website.
https://secure.celpiptest.ca/RegWebApp/#/product-shopping
It costs $40, and they are online video lessons that you can watch and study with, but this one will expires 3 months later after you purchase.

Other material I can recommend these books:
https://www.amazon.ca/Test-Expert-Speaking-Practice-CELPIP®/dp/0995346712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523154785&sr=8-1&keywords=celpip&dpID=41XipvnuGcL&preST=_SX258_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
https://www.amazon.ca/Test-Expert-Writing-Practice-CELPIP®/dp/0995346704/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523154785&sr=8-2&keywords=celpip

These books will give you example questions and study tips about Speaking and Writing section.
Each book costs around $20, and they are both paperback.

My best of luck with your study and don't worry too much, you will get your desire score eventually.

Rajaneelam

Apr 25, 2019
According to my experience CELPIP is better as compare to IELTS, I gave my IELTS in 2017 but again i need to give language testing for my PR, due to lack of time I went with CELPIP and got nice results..thank CELPIP