+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR

dinudamo

Feb 1, 2023
I submitted my visa application one week ago and today I got the refusal letter from my agency stating my application is rejected with below reason.

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html).
I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application".

Firstly, I am shocked to know that application is processed in 1 week and it got rejected. I have many friends who is waiting for more than 1 month to know the status of the visa application. Is this common?

I don't know what to do next, shall I blindly reapply again or request for GCMS notes to understand the actual reason. What I heard is that it takes more than 1 month to get the reason for the actual refusal.

Kindly guide me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted my visa application one week ago and today I got the refusal letter from my agency stating my application is rejected with below reason.

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html).
I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application".

Firstly, I am shocked to know that application is processed in 1 week and it got rejected. I have many friends who is waiting for more than 1 month to know the status of the visa application. Is this common?

I don't know what to do next, shall I blindly reapply again or request for GCMS notes to understand the actual reason. What I heard is that it takes more than 1 month to get the reason for the actual refusal.

Kindly guide me.
So you have posted on a forum for student visas so what is your profile. If not a student, post under visitors with your full profile including how long staying, who visiting and how much in funds you provided.

dinudamo

Feb 1, 2023
So you have posted on a forum for student visas so what is your profile. If not a student, post under visitors with your full profile including how long staying, who visiting and how much in funds you provided.
I am a student who applied for Global Hospitality Management in Conestoga. It's a one-year course so i will be doing 1+1 to get 3 years of work permit.
My student visa is rejected with the reason stated in my post.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a student who applied for Global Hospitality Management in Conestoga. It's a one-year course so i will be doing 1+1 to get 3 years of work permit.
What is your full profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. So what is your profile - age, education, work experience, funds?

Reasons234

Mar 16, 2023
Hi I had my study visa rejected twice
I have 7 years work experience as an administrator
I completed my bachelor's in commerce in 2015 61%
IELTS 6.5 listen reading writing
Speaking 8
Applied for grad diploma course in management and leadership development in Conestoga College may intake

I had changed my sop for second application as well attached an sponsorship affidavit and parents fixed deposit statement (which I did not do the first time )

reason given for refusal both times were :
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My question is I saw many people saying this is an automated refusal (Chinook)
Please suggest how to move to forward
Should I change my course and apply may be change it to master's from a university or that won't help as well

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I had my study visa rejected twice
I have 7 years work experience as an administrator
I completed my bachelor's in commerce in 2015 61%
IELTS 6.5 listen reading writing
Speaking 8
Applied for grad diploma course in management and leadership development in Conestoga College may intake

I had changed my sop for second application as well attached an sponsorship affidavit and parents fixed deposit statement (which I did not do the first time )

reason given for refusal both times were :
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My question is I saw many people saying this is an automated refusal (Chinook)
Please suggest how to move to forward
Should I change my course and apply may be change it to master's from a university or that won't help as well
Order GCMS notes. You have a commerce degree so how does a post grad program in management give you better pay and career opportunities. How old are you if parents are fully supporting you? If over 22, should be showing most of your own funds. Grades are low for a masters program.

Reactions: Reasons234

thefallenstar

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Melbourne, Australia
NOC Code......
GCMS notes will have the exact reasons for refusal. What they provide in the refusal letter is template refusal reasons. We cannot make anything out of it. I was in the same position. Then I applied for GCMS notes from CBSA and IRCC through gcmsapply.com paid nearly $6 for each and received in 30-35 days.

Reasons234

Mar 16, 2023
Order GCMS notes. You have a commerce degree so how does a post grad program in management give you better pay and career opportunities. How old are you if parents are fully supporting you? If over 22, should be showing most of your own funds. Grades are low for a masters program.
I will order the gcms notes.I need to get into a managerial position and acquire skills regarding project management and service delivery.I am 28 years old. I had applied through SDS and yes I will check how I can show my own funds. Do you think switching to master's increases the chances. Also does Chinook play an important decision in the visa officer not viewing my sop

Reasons234

Mar 16, 2023
GCMS notes will have the exact reasons for refusal. What they provide in the refusal letter is template refusal reasons. We cannot make anything out of it. I was in the same position. Then I applied for GCMS notes from CBSA and IRCC through gcmsapply.com paid nearly $6 for each and received in 30-35 days.
Thanks for your response
I shall go ahead and order for it
May I know what was mentioned in yours and also if you re applied again and received ppr

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will order the gcms notes.I need to get into a managerial position and acquire skills regarding project management and service delivery.I am 28 years old. I had applied through SDS and yes I will check how I can show my own funds. Do you think switching to master's increases the chances. Also does Chinook play an important decision in the visa officer not viewing my sop
With a 61%, a Masters program is not really an option. Why do you say that Chinook played a role, and how do you know. You have a commerce degree so how does taking another business program give you skills in project management and service delivery?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you a spammer because every post is about using GCMSapply.

Reasons234

Mar 16, 2023
With a 61%, a Masters program is not really an option. Why do you say that Chinook played a role, and how do you know. You have a commerce degree so how does taking another business program give you skills in project management and service delivery?
The business program has courses for project management and service delivery which can help me. I mention Chinook because in my sop I had mentioned that this will help grow up in the corporate ladder.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The business program has courses for project management and service delivery which can help me. I mention Chinook because in my sop I had mentioned that this will help grow up in the corporate ladder.
A Canadian post grad program at a college doesn’t help you move up the corporate ladder if you already have a commerce degree, so nothing to do with Chinook. The issue as mentioned is you have a commerce degree and not expanding on your education.