+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am new here i need some one to contact me from Canada

Apr 21, 2013
Hi Every one Specially Nandu ...
i have gone through your posts ... quiet helpful CHEERS ,

i am applying for MBA program Ryerson University Toronto the cost is 26,000$ for program no idea if its for full program or 1 year ... i would like to ask you can i apply for Part time Mba as an international student as i have done my graduation from UK , England from a university i am exempted from English Proficiency course and what is Gmat compulsory or ?? ... i am spending a huge amount as i need PR otherwise i wont ... and i worked here in a professional company for about 4 years as an assistant manager ....
i am quiet confuse what if this investment and MBA will help me getting PR ??
YOUR SUPPORT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED

tiger007

Champion Member
naughtykhawaja said:
i am applying for MBA program Ryerson University Toronto the cost is 26,000$ for program no idea if its for full program or 1 year ... i would like to ask you can i apply for Part time Mba as an international student as i have done my graduation from UK , England from a university i am exempted from English Proficiency course and what is Gmat compulsory or ?? ... i am spending a huge amount as i need PR otherwise i wont ... and i worked here in a professional company for about 4 years as an assistant manager ....
i am quiet confuse what if this investment and MBA will help me getting PR ??

Hi,

You MUST 've applied for and be studying in a full time course, as an international student to get a Canadian study permit as well as to maintain your legal status in Canada as a student. You CANNOT pursue a part-time MBA.

MBA at Ryerson University is a full time program, of 1 year duration. You can apply now for the 2013-2014 MBA at Reyerson.

GMAT - Graduate Management Admission Test is a computer adaptive test (CAT) which assesses a person's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills in standard written English in preparation for being admitted into a graduate management program, such as an MBA. GMAT scores are compulsory for entry to MOST of the MBA programs in public universities across Canada.

Minimum requirement of GMAT score at Reyerson - 550.

Other detailed requirements for admission to the MBA program at Ryerson can be found on their official website:
http://www.ryerson.ca/mba/admissions/index.html

Pursuing this or even the best top grade MBA in Canada will NOT guarantee PR. It will certainly assist though. Applying for PR, you will need to qualify under the specific student immigration program, you choose to apply under. Most student immigration programs require international students to find a full time skilled job (NOC O,A or B). As of now, semi-skilled (NOC C) and unskilled jobs (NOC D) are only accepted under PNPs (provincial Nominee Programs) Saskatchewan and Manitoba provinces.

And getting a skilled job, at the end... depends on your skill, how well you fare in academics, how good co-op job you bag (if co-op is part of MBA), volunteering, how well you network, support and network of your univ/department alumni group... and ultimately luck also matters...

To find out more about other MBA programs, you should visit the official university websites. Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

To know more about studying and working in Canada visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/

To know more about various student immigration programs in Canada for international students (see April 2013 update with official links; mid page 6):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.