+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am married and applying PR but my wife will not accompanying me now.

sandeepak

Oct 28, 2019
I am working in Canada from last 12 months. Initially I came for only 6 months hence my wife did not come with me as she is teacher in High School. Later on my stay extended for another 6 months. Now I have to return back to India after two months. My wife does not have any VISA right now. I want to file the PR application before I leave Canada in next two months and I got the invitation for express entry program.

But I did mention that my wife will not accompanying me now in the PR application. Now i have to give some good reason why my wife is not accompanying me.

Please suggest.

sandeepak

Oct 28, 2019
Can't really suggest anything until we know the reason why she is not accompanying you
She is in India and can not come here in two months. She does not have VISA . I have to leave Canada in next two months. I am currently on company specific work permit.

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
When you put "not accompanying" that means she will not be coming to Canada with you period. If you complete your PR, your wife will not get one and you will have to go through sponsorship to bring her to Canada if she decides to join you in the future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Accompanying you would be after you receive PR. You will have to explain why she will not come to Canada once you get PR.