+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Diabetic would i be rejected my PR in Canada?

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
hi, I am applying for work permit with medical insurance provided by company. My HBa1C is 8 and renal and all other functions are fine. Do you think I may be refused due to Type 1 diabetes? I am trying to get my HBa1C down but the medical exam will be soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi, I am applying for work permit with medical insurance provided by company. My HBa1C is 8 and renal and all other functions are fine. Do you think I may be refused due to Type 1 diabetes? I am trying to get my HBa1C down but the medical exam will be soon.
You should want to get your A1C down in general not just for immigration. Will depend on your kidney function.

Deendyal

Mar 31, 2022
Hi Ramesh, Please update your status, I hope you were able to get the PR. I am also on the same stage, appeared for my medical yesterday, bit nervous. But after going through all the replies to your post, seems I will clear my medical as well.

Apr 23, 2022
Hi Ramesh, Please update your status, I hope you were able to get the PR. I am also on the same stage, appeared for my medical yesterday, bit nervous. But after going through all the replies to your post, seems I will clear my medical as well.
Have you cleared your medical? I am having the same problem kindly help

Deendyal

Mar 31, 2022
Result awaited. I have uploaded my file with the all the requested documents and paid the IRCC Fee on 20th'Apr'22. Will write back as soon as I receive the confirmation
Hi, I cleared the medical and got my PR. reached Canada on 19th'Oct'22. Medical results took a long time and same was updated in my profile after 87 days.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Deendyal

Mar 31, 2022
Result awaited. I have uploaded my file with the all the requested documents and paid the IRCC Fee on 20th'Apr'22. Will write back as soon as I receive the confirmation
Have you cleared your medical? I am having the same problem kindly help
Hi, I cleared the medical and got my PR. reached Canada on 19th'Oct'22. Medical results took a long time and same was updated in my profile after 87 days.

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
Hi buddy,
its nothing but during ur medical examination, the doctor and the nurse will ask you some medical history and if u are on any medication, pls remember to disclose to them first and the type of medication you are on... so that they know what to do. remember, u will supply ur blood and urine as samples for testing. failure to disclose can have effects on u which can lead to refusal or rejection. hope this helps and good luck

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
I am applying for PR in Federal Skilled Worker Program which is supposed to open on Jan 1st. I am recently diagnosed of diabetes and it is in control. I am using a single pill which would keep my blood sugars below normal just like any other individual. If i hide this fact and apply for PR would this be a problem? would they come to know during my medical? If i am letting them know while applying would that impact my PR application and get rejected as i read some medical conditions can reject my application..

Is there anyone over here who applied for PR with Diabetes and was approved or some one who hid the fact and still got approved? I was even told by doctor that i can stop medication gradually in few months as i have my sugar levels in control. btw i am just 26yrs old.

Hi buddy,
its nothing but during ur medical examination, the doctor and the nurse will ask you some medical history and if u are on any medication, pls remember to disclose to them first and the type of medication you are on... so that they know what to do. remember, u will supply ur blood and urine as samples for testing. failure to disclose can have effects on u which can lead to refusal or rejection. hope this helps and good luck

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I went through my medicals last month, I'm diabetic so sharing my experience if it helps you. Most diabetics would go through fine and you shouldn't worry about it leading to rejection. Disclose your diabetes to your panel physician and if you had a doctor's note it would be helpful too. In my case, my doctor had a note saying that I do not need medications to control my sugar levels and just following a healthy lifestyle should be enough. Took less than 7 days for my medicals to be approved.

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
So in my medicals the doc just asked me what medications i am on. I disclosed i am type 1 diabetic. They didnt even ask my hba1c. They just did my blood test (not for hba1c hut i bekieve for kidney function), urine test and usual other tests like eye test. No need to worry about diabetes unless it is impacting your kidneys. Just try to keep your hba1c under 7.5. This was for work permit and i got my work permit.

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
My mother is having diabetes with insulin from last 20 years. Tomorrow she has an appointment for medical exam upfront for Supervisa. But today her sugar levels are high. Would it be recommended to still go for an exam tomorrow? Or shall I reschedule?

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
My mother is having diabetes with insulin from last 20 years. Tomorrow she has an appointment for medical exam upfront for Supervisa. But today her sugar levels are high. Would it be recommended to still go for an exam tomorrow? Or shall I reschedule?
Based on my understanding, I think she can definitely go ahead with her medical exam. They dont check a specific day's sugar. They just took blood from me and that too to check Kidney function. they didn't even check my Hba1c neither they asked me that. If your mother's Hba1c is less than 7.5, I think she should be fine. The only thing that matters to them is for a sugar patient, the kidney function should be fine. Please note Hba1c is not affected by one day sugar spikes. It is an average of past 3 month sugar levels. So one day sugar spike will not affect the results. pls keep us update around how it goes and if she faced any issue.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
Thanks for your response.

Sugar levels are definitely above 7.5. and it's not new, she is on insulin from last 20 years, and she is above 70.

We have rescheduled medical exam for now to have her sugar levels in control a bit, and should not reflect any effect on kidney function.

Will keep you posted.

Any suggestions on medical insurance ?
And shall I disclose everything to them? Like how many pills they have, or insulin or any other medicine?