+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am confused with my profile, whether to apply for express entry or study, Plz help a divorcee for a new start.

Vivas86

Apr 20, 2021
Dear All,

Before laying my confusion upon u guys, I would like to give u a gist of my profile.

Born 1986, India
Completed Bachelor in Information Technology, in 2008 with 59%
then did Post Graduate Diploma in Banking 2009-2010 with CGPA 7.1
Worked in Retail Banking(Deputy Manager,Branch Operations) for 5 years(2010 -2015) and then 18 months(2015-2016) in Banking IT(Deputy Manager/Business Analyst)
Left the job for personal reasons in 2017. Currently working as a store manager. Married and Divorced.No kids

I am interested in doing a full time employment but heard Canadians prefer people with Canadian experience. A friend suggested me to try for diploma courses.
So, my main interest is to go for Statistics/Math(MSC) or Business Analytics courses. As 2021 intake has completed(I guess),i should probably apply for 2022(Jan or June ,I don't know). Regarding Ielts, I can easily manage 6.5.

Can anyone suggest what is right for me. Do I have to apply for Express entry or better enrol as a student? if I opt for student visa, can u suggest any colleges or universities that would be helpful with my job profile. what are deadlines for those courses, would a university accept me doing statistics or Business analyst diploma course, given my work profile.?

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
If I were you I would apply for permanent residence through express entry first. That's because you have the required experience and education to get those points from what I can see. A job offer in Canada is good for points but is not needed to apply for permanent residence through the federal skilled worker program. A lot of don't have a job in hand when they move.

Once you are in Canada as a permanent resident through express entry, you can work/study, do whatever you want and stay however long you want as long as you follow the laws of the country and mantain your PR residency status. You can also apply for citizenship in 3 years. This is much better than dealing with the restrictions and instability involved with a study permit. Your fees may likely be also be higher that what permanent residents and citizens pay.

I think you'll be able to move by 2022 and enroll in university as a permanent resident if you start the PR process now. COVID is delaying things, but the usual time is 6 months after you submit your complete application (and maybe 3 months before that to create you profile, get invited to apply and gather the required documents). Good luck!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honest opinion but I don't agree with the above post that you will get PR and move in 2022. Are you even eligible for Express Entry (at least 67 points)? If so, what is your CRS score because you are over 30 and I don’t think your score will be high enough. Have you had your ECAs and are they equivalent to Canadian degrees?

Last edited:

Vivas86

Apr 20, 2021
Honest opinion but I don't agree with the above post that you will get PR and move in 2022. Are you even eligible for Express Entry (at least 67 points)? If so, what is your CRS score because you are over 30 and I don’t think your score will be high enough. Have you had your ECAs and are they equivalent to Canadian degrees?
How can I know I got 67 points? what is CRS score.
I have not yet done WES for my education , but its legit. my friends with same acads got their WES, so, will not be problem for mine

Vivas86

Apr 20, 2021
If I were you I would apply for permanent residence through express entry first. That's because you have the required experience and education to get those points from what I can see. A job offer in Canada is good for points but is not needed to apply for permanent residence through the federal skilled worker program. A lot of don't have a job in hand when they move.

Once you are in Canada as a permanent resident through express entry, you can work/study, do whatever you want and stay however long you want as long as you follow the laws of the country and mantain your PR residency status. You can also apply for citizenship in 3 years. This is much better than dealing with the restrictions and instability involved with a study permit. Your fees may likely be also be higher that what permanent residents and citizens pay.

I think you'll be able to move by 2022 and enroll in university as a permanent resident if you start the PR process now. COVID is delaying things, but the usual time is 6 months after you submit your complete application (and maybe 3 months before that to create you profile, get invited to apply and gather the required documents). Good luck!
Thanks, you just raised my hopes a little.

But I heard , getting student visa is the fastest way to get into canada.
If that's my route, as Express entry takes atleast a year,,will my profile fit for MSC maths/Statistics?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can I know I got 67 points? what is CRS score.
I have not yet done WES for my education , but its legit. my friends with same acads got their WES, so, will not be problem for mine
You need to be eligible to submit a profile so you need IELTS scores above 6.5 (CLB 7).

Eligibility - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

CRS (You need 468+) - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp