+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am about to get my CSQ but my work permit and passport are expiring!

mike1992

Jan 29, 2018
I live in Quebec and my CSQ application has been in review since June 29th 2017. They just asked for some additional details (I hired McCarthy Tétrault to help me with representation). The lawyers are saying they expect me to get CSQ within the next few weeks and that we are in normal processing times.

My Work permit expires in September 2018 along with my passport (European).

Should I look into extending the passport/getting a new passport but preserving my existing documents in it?

Should I hire the lawyers to help me with looking into a work permit extension?

When I get CSQ is my PR "in the bag" even if I have to leave Canada for 6-12 months?

When I get the CSQ would it be easier to be employed by another company or get a work permit anew with the same company?

Thank you in advance for your guidance, I am very lost with the specifics here and I don't fully trust the lawyers for the details in such a case. Any insight is appreciated!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Quebec and my CSQ application has been in review since June 29th 2017. They just asked for some additional details (I hired McCarthy Tétrault to help me with representation). The lawyers are saying they expect me to get CSQ within the next few weeks and that we are in normal processing times.

My Work permit expires in September 2018 along with my passport (European).

Should I look into extending the passport/getting a new passport but preserving my existing documents in it?

Should I hire the lawyers to help me with looking into a work permit extension?

When I get CSQ is my PR "in the bag" even if I have to leave Canada for 6-12 months?

When I get the CSQ would it be easier to be employed by another company or get a work permit anew with the same company?

Thank you in advance for your guidance, I am very lost with the specifics here and I don't fully trust the lawyers for the details in such a case. Any insight is appreciated!
You should ask this question in the Quebec Immigration section of the forum. Most applicants in this section are Federal Skilled workers.

Reactions: mike1992