+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a Canadian...Finally!!!

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
I took oath on Saturday October 18th at Scarborough along with my family members. There were 72 new Canadians in the ceremony.
When we entered the ceremony hall, they checked only the invitation (pink) letter, landing paper, and took away our PR cards. Then, we were asked to take seats as per the number stated on our invitation letter.
The CIC clerk gave us the relevant instructions and answered our queries before the Citizenship Judge entered the ceremony room.
Then, the CJ addressed us for 10-15 minutes - it was very nice. After that, we took oaths in English and French. Then, the CJ addressed us again for 5-10 minutes. After that, we all sang O Canada for the first time as Canadian citizens.
Thereafter, the CJ left the ceremony room and the CIC clerk gave us some information such as the Cultural Access Pass registration, applying for Canadian passport, etc.
After that, the CJ once again came to the ceremony room and gave us the opportunity for taking pictures with her.
The entire ceremony (including taking pictures) lasted for about 1.5 hour.
It took me nearly 34 months to complete the process, and now I feel nice and relaxed.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congratulations :) your long wait is over.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations. You have reached the summit !

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The judge will say the French oath word by word so it's not hard to follow. ;D

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I'm confused by you two. So do we have to repeat the oath in French or only in English?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The oath will be in English first,
then in French, if you want to follow the oath in French, you may :)

janoo

May 16, 2014
RQ2012 Congratulation.... hoping my journey to be over soon. I have already completed

now 34 months.

awaiting to hear from CIC

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ2012 said:
I took oath on Saturday October 18th at Scarborough along with my family members. There were 72 new Canadians in the ceremony.
When we entered the ceremony hall, they checked only the invitation (pink) letter, landing paper, and took away our PR cards. Then, we were asked to take seats as per the number stated on our invitation letter.
The CIC clerk gave us the relevant instructions and answered our queries before the Citizenship Judge entered the ceremony room.
Then, the CJ addressed us for 10-15 minutes - it was very nice. After that, we took oaths in English and French. Then, the CJ addressed us again for 5-10 minutes. After that, we all sang O Canada for the first time as Canadian citizens.
Thereafter, the CJ left the ceremony room and the CIC clerk gave us some information such as the Cultural Access Pass registration, applying for Canadian passport, etc.
After that, the CJ once again came to the ceremony room and gave us the opportunity for taking pictures with her.
The entire ceremony (including taking pictures) lasted for about 1.5 hour.
It took me nearly 34 months to complete the process, and now I feel nice and relaxed.
Well done.. timeline?