+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a Canadian citizen, do I need to provide a medical/police report?

ll82

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hi all,

Before I begin, this place is wonderful and exactly what I was looking for.

I have tried searching through the forum, but there is so much information that I couldn't find what I was looking for/get a definitive answer for.

On to my questions....
I am a Canadian citizen, but I am living abroad for 4 years now. I met my common law and we are in the process of moving to Canada. I am sponsoring her under the family class common law.
Most of the forms are pretty straight forward, but there are a few things I am stuck on.

As the sponsor:
1. Do I need to get a medical?
2. Do I need to provide a police report?
3. about the option C tax information, I haven't filed my taxes since 2011 because I haven't been living in Canada. I have read that I can provide 12 months worth of pay stubs from the country I am currently living in. Is there anything else I need to do/that can help?
4. This is an OUTBOUND application, but can we go to Canada during the process? I ask because my job might require me to go to Canada earlier than than 9-10 months the application process takes.

thank you very much!!! :D :D :D :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. No
2. No
3. Yes - that's fine.
4. Yes - however your spouse can only come as a tourist at this time. If your spouse holds a non-visa exempt passport it may be difficult to get a TRV (tourist visa) approved.

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
ll82 said:
Hi all,

Before I begin, this place is wonderful and exactly what I was looking for.

I have tried searching through the forum, but there is so much information that I couldn't find what I was looking for/get a definitive answer for.

On to my questions....
I am a Canadian citizen, but I am living abroad for 4 years now. I met my common law and we are in the process of moving to Canada. I am sponsoring her under the family class common law.
Most of the forms are pretty straight forward, but there are a few things I am stuck on.

As the sponsor:
1. Do I need to get a medical?
2. Do I need to provide a police report?
3. about the option C tax information, I haven't filed my taxes since 2011 because I haven't been living in Canada. I have read that I can provide 12 months worth of pay stubs from the country I am currently living in. Is there anything else I need to do/that can help?
4. This is an OUTBOUND application, but can we go to Canada during the process? I ask because my job might require me to go to Canada earlier than than 9-10 months the application process takes.

thank you very much!!! :D :D :D :D
Scylla is right with the answer, wish you good luck.

ll82

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
scylla said:
1. No
2. No
3. Yes - that's fine.
4. Yes - however your spouse can only come as a tourist at this time. If your spouse holds a non-visa exempt passport it may be difficult to get a TRV (tourist visa) approved.
Thank you.

In regards to the "non-visa exempt passport", we are doing this from Israel and she doesn't need a visa to visit Canada (as long as its under 90 days I believe). Can we just apply for an extension every 2-3 months until the application is processed?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll82 said:
Thank you.

In regards to the "non-visa exempt passport", we are doing this from Israel and she doesn't need a visa to visit Canada (as long as its under 90 days I believe). Can we just apply for an extension every 2-3 months until the application is processed?
Yes, you can apply for a extension. Note that in your first extension you could, say, request a year and then wouldn't need another one (unless she exits and re-enters Canada).