+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am 33 with 12+ years of work experience in India. Will my age factor be a problem while applying for a PG Certificate course in Canada?

SC0312

Sep 10, 2020
Hello guys,

I want to pursue a PG Certificate course in Marketing/Business in Canada. Will my age be a problem while applying for the visa/college? I have 12+ years of work experience in India, but only a bachelor's degree. I want to shift streams, hence opting for Marketing now. Any suggestions?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Your age is not a problem, but your chosen course might be. For someone with so many years of experience, a PG certificate course doesn't show logical progression or career advancement. Rather opt for a Master's degree in a relevant course.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
After 12 years of experience a random college diploma in an unrelated subject adds nothing to your profile. Go for a master's degree.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
im 36 with 13 yrs exp .. i got AIP , work on ur choice of course and SOP , for sure u will get it ... it ain't an issue ...
For sure? Not an issue? On what premise do you give this assurance? Do you have clout with the Embassy? If so, I need your connections please :D.

• Sad
Reactions: kwab21

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same here. I’m 36 yo brazilian lawyer. I received AIP on September 10th. I will do PG - Paralegal. Go for it. Good luck
That shouldn’t have been approved given that it is a step backwards in your career. You got lucky or I would wait until you have received the full study permit before celebrating.

Reactions: primaprime

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
That shouldn’t have been approved given that it is a step backwards in your career. You got lucky or I would wait until you have received the full study permit before celebrating.
It is full approved - GCMS notes.
I don’t think they will change it.
We are not right all the time. Get used to it.