+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m in a serious trouble!!!

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
I think I’m in a serious trouble. My old eTA I input a wrong answer about previous visas refusal. Instead of “Yes” I put “No” (now I checked on the Canadian government page that this eTA is cancelled, seems is because the a new eTA is issued of my study permit) and when I applied for my study permit I declared the truth that I was been rejected when applying for the USA visa. My concern is I will have problems in boarding since the officers may realize the information doesn’t match and I will be prevented from boarding? I’m really worry about it, Im flying next week, please help!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you have been completely honest in your current application and this is the only thing that is not matching (there are no other refusals), you should be ok.

But yes, you may well be asked about this and there's a chance that it can cause an issue. There's nothing you can do about it now. In the future, you must make sure you don't make such "mistakes".

How long back was your refusal and your older ETA? Have you ever had any other issues with immigration in any country?

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
If you have been completely honest in your current application and this is the only thing that is not matching (there are no other refusals), you should be ok.

But yes, you may well be asked about this and there's a chance that it can cause an issue. There's nothing you can do about it now. In the future, you must make sure you don't make such "mistakes".

How long back was your refusal and your older ETA? Have you ever had any other issues with immigration in any country?
The USA visa refusal was 5 yeas ago. Actually, I was granted a canadian visitor visa after my USA refusal, and have traveled to Canada 2 times without problems. I applied for my older eTA this may and the study permit was granted in July. Other than this mistake, I dont any issues nor criminal records in any country.

Im paranoid because there are posts saying that people werent able to board a plane because they answered wrong the question.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The USA visa refusal was 5 yeas ago. Actually, I was granted a canadian visitor visa after my USA refusal, and have traveled to Canada 2 times without problems. I applied for my older eTA this may and the study permit was granted in July. Other than this mistake, I dont any issues nor criminal records in any country.

Im paranoid because there are posts saying that people werent able to board a plane because they answered wrong the question.
Based on this, I wouldn't be too worried. Since you have travelled in and out of Canada before, you aren't a high-risk traveller. Relax and have a safe-flight.

JL889

Jul 26, 2019
Thank you for your reply, hopefully I can enter Canada without problems. Do you know any cases similar than mine?