+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HYPERTENSION

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Hi to all. My common law partner was just recently diagnosed with high blood pressure or hypertension and started on one blood pressure medication. He will undergo blood tests to find out what is the main cause of his hypetension and will check his BUN and CREATININE as well to know his kidney function.

We are just waiting for medical request at this time from CIC-MANILA. I want to know how it will affect our application and will it a ground for not issuing the visa?

Regards.

mariele

Jul 10, 2009
No, it will not affect your application. As per Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, there are three health grounds for inadmissibility: danger to public health, danger to public safety, and excessive demand on health or social services. And I don't think hypertension can be classified into these 3 grounds for inadmissibility. Neverthless, if there could be a way to have a healty medical result, much better. Thanks.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
mariele said:
No, it will not affect your application. As per Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, there are three health grounds for inadmissibility: danger to public health, danger to public safety, and excessive demand on health or social services. And I don't think hypertension can be classified into these 3 grounds for inadmissibility. Neverthless, if there could be a way to have a healty medical result, much better. Thanks.
It will not effect if the kidney function is normal and if he can control the BP. If the creatinine is not normal then it may cause problems.

ryetams

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
that's right if there's a problem with the kidney then it is a ground for refusal like that of a Filipina Caregiver who got recently refused with her PR application because her daughter has kidney problems and is undergoing dialysis, it was featured in The Province. so pray that its nothing serious to get your PR... good luck!

BS 6353

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Ryetams is right.Hypertension is a problem if it is associated with kidney involvement.Secondly if there is eye involvment,otherwise "essentiale hypertension" will not make a person unfit in medical examination.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
reydon123 said:
Hi to all. My common law partner was just recently diagnosed with high blood pressure or hypertension and started on one blood pressure medication. He will undergo blood tests to find out what is the main cause of his hypetension and will check his BUN and CREATININE as well to know his kidney function.

We are just waiting for medical request at this time from CIC-MANILA. I want to know how it will affect our application and will it a ground for not issuing the visa?

Regards.
just checkiong through the mail, how far with your application

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Reydon, congrats and good luck for your life in canada!

how did your partner's kidney tests go?

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
SD, everything is ok. We already landed in Canada last March 2, 2010. Everything is going well for us.
Good Luck.

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats good to know! happy living in canada!

the reason why i wished to know is that both husband and i have hypertension - but he has +1/+2 protein showing up on his urine.
its making us very anxious ( you will see that if you check all our recent posts :))

he spoke to someone and they said could be because he is working out in the gym everyday, stress and heavy protein diet.

but we are worried that it could still be due to some kidney issues...we are going for serum creatinine next weekend only - until then we are nervous!

we have bought dipsticks to check blood, sugar and protein in urine at home and it is constantly showing high for him...

marialucilla

Nov 22, 2012
HYPERTENSION

i have this problem too .. im applying for a live in caregiver program in canada .. is hypertension affects my visa application to work in canada? interview is done , problem now is i am diagnosed with hypertension . will be having a stress test next week :mad: