+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband's PR CARD expires.Could we reapply for PR through spousal sponsorship?

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Hi everybody

My husband, my daughter and I became permanent residents in July 2012 and our PR cards will expire in Aug 2017. For the first two years we only spent 3 months in Canada. In July 2015 we came to Canada. My daughter and I stayed here since then and we will meet the residency obligation and so our cards should be normally renewed.(Obviously we will be staying in Canada ater that too). But my husband was tied up with his business in our country of rigin, so he went back and forth and he will not meet the residency obligation by the time his card expires.

During the past two years my husband would spend like a month in Canada, then a month and a half or two in our country of origin and again few weeks Canada and ... as we are very strongly bound to each other. Our intention is to live in Canada for good , but honestly my husband won't be able to leave his job before the end of 2018. So we will have a year and a half while daughter and I will be staying in Canada before my hausband could permanently join us. It is not possible for us to be apart that whole time. My husband still can spend few weeks in Canada, go back to home country for a month or so, come back again for ... and continue like this until the end of 2018 when he will finally be able to leave his job back there.

Now would you please help me what is the best way for us;

1) If he is reported for failure to meet residency obligation, could we be able to appeal and then convince the court that he needs to maitain the residency to be with his family for an accaceptable amount of and he will be staying permanently as of 2019?

2) If he loses his PR because of being reported and given departure order can I reapply through spousal sponsorship for him?

3) What if he voluntarily revokes his residency? In this case can I reapply for spousal sponsorship? And if yes, can I do that very soon after he renounces?

4 ) In which of the above cases ( 2 or 3) , reapplying brings better and faster result?

5) If he loses his residency by being reported and isuued a departure order or voluntarily by revoking his PR , gets multiple entry visitor's visa to Canada , and then I apply through spousal sponsorship for him, would he be able to enter and exit Canada during the processing of his PR (spousal sponsorship) file?

6) Is being reported for not meeting the RO and being issued a departure order equal to having lost one's permanent residency? And what if my husband could get into Canada on the last days before the expiration of his PR card without being reported? After leaving Canada, what is his residency status? How is it terminated in this case?

Thank you everyone