+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband Work History

pallavichauhan88

Sep 16, 2015
Hi,

My husband served in the Indian Army for 8 and a half years and now have taken premature retirement to join me in the USA. I am currently working on H1-B.

Since my husband worked in Indian Army they do not have any job title. Mostly he worked as a Logistics Officer.

My Queries are as under :
1. Will it be incorrect, if we only put his work profile in personal history and not in work history, so that his reference letter or work experience letter is not asked for (I am not claiming any points for his work profile).
2. We are not able to find any relevant NOC code for his profession.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

My husband served in the Indian Army for 8 and a half years and now have taken premature retirement to join me in the USA. I am currently working on H1-B.

Since my husband worked in Indian Army they do not have any job title. Mostly he worked as a Logistics Officer.

1. Will it be incorrect, if we only put his work profile in personal history and not in work history, so that his reference letter or work experience letter is not asked for (I am not claiming any points for his work profile).
Nothing wrong you can out his work in personal history instead of work history. I think the form will specifically ask you if you or family member has worked for a government organization. I think there you will have to say yes and see if they ask for additional documents. I had read somewhere on forum where a person from military was asked for documents to prove that he has been discharged from duties or something like that. But since you’re primary applicant I’m not sure if it will apply in your case.

Green Stone

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi,

it is better to explain only in personal history . and you can show unemployed in work history . I did same in my case .

vkfdjvkfdj

May 21, 2020
Hi,

Sorry i am just wondering you get the NOC code for logistics officer? Thank you so much