+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband visit visa refused twice? Even though im Canadian

sohaibahmed

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
My husband visit visa has been refused twice for no valid reason even though we have furnished all the required proof and documents. I and my son are both Canadian and wanted to visit my parents along with my husband unfortunately his temporary visitor visa was rejected for the following reasons which does not even make sense in our case..............

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

Your travel history
Your personal assets and financial status
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

Please guide..............

Amber

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your husband was refused because CIC believes he is not a genuine tourist and wants to remain in Canada long term. Being refused for a tourist visa is unfortunately not at all unusual if your spouse is Canadian. Given you and your children are Canadian, right now CIC likely believes your husband has stronger ties to Canada than to his home country - so this makes it much more difficult to prove that he will return to his home country after his visit.

Given your husband has already been refused twice - I think it's unlikely that a third attempt will be successful. In a previous post you mentioned that you are planning to submit his PR application in January. I would submit the application sooner if you can so that you can start the processing as soon as you can.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
scylla said:
Your husband was refused because CIC believes he is not a genuine tourist and wants to remain in Canada long term. Being refused for a tourist visa is unfortunately not at all unusual if your spouse is Canadian. Given you and your children are Canadian, right now CIC likely believes your husband has stronger ties to Canada than to his home country - so this makes it much more difficult to prove that he will return to his home country after his visit.

Given your husband has already been refused twice - I think it's unlikely that a third attempt will be successful. In a previous post you mentioned that you are planning to submit his PR application in January. I would submit the application sooner if you can so that you can start the processing as soon as you can.
Agree, if you think on re-applying for a third time, DO NOT DO SO BLINDLY.
Focus on providing proof about your husband ties to his come country, and if available, request GCMS notes (not sure if those exist for TRVs) which are annotations made by the visa officers which could provide you with more info

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
The fact that you are Canadian and live in Canada is why he is refused. Visa officers want to see you will go back it's hard for people to leave spouse so
that's why they refused