+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband is a convention refugee. Can l get a visitor visa for my mom?

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
Hello,

My husband is a convention refugee. I was a student when we got married and then l applied PR under Protected Person as his dependent. Now, l hold an open work permit, again l obtained it as his spouse. We had a baby last year and l would like to invite my mom to visit us. My father still works and won’t be coming. And she has a property under her name. My father will sponsor her. She can prove her ties. Only l need to get a visitor visa for my mother. Is that possible? Or it would be refused as l have an application under Protected Person. Also would it affect my PR application even to try to invite her? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My husband is a convention refugee. I was a student when we got married and then l applied PR under Protected Person as his dependent. Now, l hold an open work permit, again l obtained it as his spouse. We had a baby last year and l would like to invite my mom to visit us. My father still works and won’t be coming. And she has a property under her name. My father will sponsor her. She can prove her ties. Only l need to get a visitor visa for my mother. Is that possible? Or it would be refused as l have an application under Protected Person. Also would it affect my PR application even to try to invite her? Thank you
It will be very challenging to get an approval especially if she come from the same country he left from. You can always try. She will have to show she can fund her own travel for a TRV. Has she travelled abroad to a country like the UK, US, Australia that require a visa and then returned to her home country?

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
It will be very challenging to get an approval especially if she come from the same country he left from. You can always try. She will have to show she can fund her own travel for a TRV. Has she travelled abroad to a country like the UK, US, Australia that require a visa and then returned to her home country?
Thank you for the answer. Yes she will be coming from the same country. She doesn’t work so my father can fund her travel. He can transfer money to her account or sponsor her. She has not traveled any other country before.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for the answer. Yes she will be coming from the same country. She doesn’t work so my father can fund her travel. He can transfer money to her account or sponsor her. She has not traveled any other country before.
Realistically, there is only a very limited chance of a TRV being approved...

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
Realistically, there is only a very limited chance of a TRV being approved...
Thank you. Would it risk my PR application in process if l give it a try? Or is it more likely to get it after the PR is approved?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you. Would it risk my PR application in process if l give it a try? Or is it more likely to get it after the PR is approved?
No, it won't impact your PR application. It's more about her circumstances than yours, so you becoming a PR isn't likely to be considered.

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
No, it won't impact your PR application. It's more about her circumstances than yours, so you becoming a PR isn't likely to be considered.
I appreciate all the help. We can try and if not approved we may consider to meet in a third country then. Thank you.

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
I appreciate all the help. We can try and if not approved we may consider to meet in a third country then. Thank you.
Why you considering yourself a refugee ? If your husband sponsord you ! You can visit your home country ? Did you apply for refugee status ? Or he ? Then he included you in his app ? If yes then you can visit your country you are not a refugee

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Regarding your mom , you can’t sponsor her until you are a Pr , and you have tax paper for last 3 years not under 38000 $ a year
For visa it’s likely to be approved
But it won’t effect your Pr at all

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Would like to share my experience.recently my wife got study permit from outside Canada while I am an inland PR applicant as a refugee.she is also added on my application.
You may give it a try ! Make sure your mom has enough evidence to proof county tie.

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
Why you considering yourself a refugee ? If your husband sponsord you ! You can visit your home country ? Did you apply for refugee status ? Or he ? Then he included you in his app ? If yes then you can visit your country you are not a refugee
Thank you. I am not a refugee but our baby is sick that’s why l cannot travel on my own. It has ti be with my husband and we cannot travel to our country together.

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
You don’t need 3 years income to send an invitation. You’re talking about PGP sponsorship.
Thank you for the response. I think l have to send an invitation anyway because as she will indicate on her visa form that l live here, we cannot pretend she will not stay with us during her visit.

Parla

Feb 2, 2019
Would like to share my experience.recently my wife got study permit from outside Canada while I am an inland PR applicant as a refugee.she is also added on my application.
You may give it a try ! Make sure your mom has enough evidence to proof county tie.
Thank you for sharing this. She really has strong ties as she won’t leave my father for a long time. And my father still works not retired so he can’t come. She has other grandsons/ daughters. Also she has a properly under her name. I hope they all would be convincing to get the visa even for a few weeks.

Reactions: captains