+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

husband in USA

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
Hi .. just a few questions .. first of al i got married in the states in march of 2006 .. how would i go about sponsering my husband into canada , they say you cant have a co sponser .. so what is that saying .. does that mean that any job you have will do . do you have to have had that job for the last few years or so .. its so different here then it is in the us .. the forms are clearer .. and in the case that you dont quifly to sponser at least you can have a co sponser .. whats with that ?or what if i find him a job here .... will that make it any easier ? and also .. does it have to be any job offer . or does he need a trade in somthing. to be able to find a job .. very confusing ..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

foreverbailey said:
Hi .. just a few questions .. first of al i got married in the states in march of 2006 .. how would i go about sponsering my husband into canada , they say you cant have a co sponser .. so what is that saying .. does that mean that any job you have will do . do you have to have had that job for the last few years or so .. its so different here then it is in the us .. the forms are clearer .. and in the case that you dont quifly to sponser at least you can have a co sponser .. whats with that ?or what if i find him a job here .... will that make it any easier ? and also .. does it have to be any job offer . or does he need a trade in somthing. to be able to find a job .. very confusing ..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!
You don't have to have a job, you just cannot be on welfare, except for disability, an undischarged bankrupt or have sponsored a spouse in the past 3 years.

PMM

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
PMM is right. Also, co-signers don't apply for spousal sponsorship cases and if your husband wants to get a job in Canada he has to find an employer willing to "sponsor" him. ( Basically the employer has to prove that he couldn't find any Canadian that can do that job, in order to hire him)