Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
Feb 5th 2014 accepted for PR also
LANDED..........
sometime in mid march :)
Hello everyone.

My husband has his interview tomorrow and we were wondering if anyone has any helpful information on what might happen during and after the interview. Is it possible he might get a visa the same day? Will they let him know either way if he's been accepted? The already request payment for the landing papers which I've paid and I read somewhere that they don't request payment until application is accepted so were just confused can someone please help me to understand a bit. :'(

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
amenia said:
Hello everyone.

My husband has his interview tomorrow and we were wondering if anyone has any helpful information on what might happen during and after the interview. Is it possible he might get a visa the same day? Will they let him know either way if he's been accepted? The already request payment for the landing papers which I've paid and I read somewhere that they don't request payment until application is accepted so were just confused can someone please help me to understand a bit. :'(
They probably think you have a strong case but need to address some red flags.

These are questions brought up in another thread they might ask

do you know why you are here?
when was the first contact with your wife?
how did you meet her?
who made the first contact?
what is your wife's name?
what do you call her? (I think this was because in all our emails he calls me val but my full name is valerie)
how old is your wife?
(they asked him my age, then tried to correct him, but he stood his ground and they said "yes but she will be that age in a few months", which is not really true, my birthday's not until the fall. i found that interesting)
when is her birthdate?
where does your wife work?
what does she do there?
she's lived in different countries, what has she done there?
do you know your wife's family members?
what contact have you had with them?
have you travelled together?
where did you travel together?
did you have a honeymoon?
your wife is divorced, right?
it hasn't been very long since you met each other, but you decided she would come and visit you very soon after you first met online (4 months). why so fast? how did that happen?
what happened when she visited the first time?
why were you so rushed to be married? how do you explain that?
your wife is older than you, can you explain that?
(this led into a bit more of a discussion about our age difference and whether we had discussed how it could affect us etc., it was the most nerve-racking part of the interview because it took on a more serious tone but my husband was strong and spoke from the heart with conviction and they accepted his response- this was clearly the biggest concern)
what do your family members do for work (brother, sister, parents)?
what do you do for work?
noticing our receipts for sending money back & forth:
does your wife send you money because you need it?
did you send her money for the same reason?
do you have family in canada?
are you still in contact with them?

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
Thank u so much. Me and him dnt send money because we both support ourselfs. As far as age he is 27 and I'll be 31 this year is that really a big concern? So they might try and trick him just to second guess himself. But even if they do just tell him to stick his ground and be himself? One of the main questions I still have is. Is it possible he might still get visa this day or will he at lest know if he's going to get accepted?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
amenia said:
Thank u so much. Me and him dnt send money because we both support ourselfs. As far as age he is 27 and I'll be 31 this year is that really a big concern? So they might try and trick him just to second guess himself. But even if they do just tell him to stick his ground and be himself? One of the main questions I still have is. Is it possible he might still get visa this day or will he at lest know if he's going to get accepted?
these are just questions that they might ask you, bear that in mind. 4 years in age difference is not a concern.

They might say if he passed, they might not. and no, the visa will not be issued on the spot. They will come back with a decision made and mail you the decision.

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
OK thank u. We really hope that they will give us at least if he's accepted will be just as happy to hear that as if it was him getting his visa because at least we know will be together we it her its 2 weeks or 2 months

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Graihn said:
these are just questions that they might ask you, bear that in mind. 4 years in age difference is not a concern.

They might say if he passed, they might not. and no, the visa will not be issued on the spot. They will come back with a decision made and mail you the decision.
Actually, it is not impossible to issue a visa on the same day as the interview. I guess it depends which VO. A Vienna applicant had an interview in December and at the end of the interview, the VO told him that if he manages to pay the RPRF he will go home with a visa. Which he did, he payed it at a bank, went back to the embassy and got his visa.

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
See I've heard that this can happen that's why I was questioning it.only time will tell I guess.. But at least its some hope. Its so stressful.

quebec23

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
Doc's Request.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2014
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
Depending how well he goes on the interview and how nice is the agent, he might get it.

Good Luck

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
thank you Quebec23. i really hopes he gets someone who is in a good mood then lol.. all we want to know is for sure if he is coming weither its in 2 weeks or 2 months we dont care well we do we really want the visa tomorrow but i know its wishful thinking but as long as we can get the response that he is coming then will be just as happy.. he does have a family friend who went to montreal years ago on PR and he told him that he got a letter stating that he had an interview just like him but when he got there all they said was for him to leave his passport and go for a few hrs then he came back and recieved his visa so who knows. any pointers on how to deal with the stress of being away from spouses for long periods of time? we have been together for 2 years and i have been to algeria a total of 3 months and 3 weeks in this time and its killing us all we want is to be together.. :(

goatlove

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Interview........
November 21/2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2013
LANDED..........
December 5/2013 alham dulillah
it's definitely possible that he will get the visa right after the interview. my husband got his visa right after his interview in morocco and I've also read of somebody from algeria getting his visa right after his interview. if he doesn't get it after the interview, he should have a good feel of whether or not he's been approved but insha Allah he will be :) :)

he just needs to be calm and confident in a natural way. having good eye contact is also important. answers to their questions also gotta be consistent to the answers on your application. main thing is that he knows you very very well and everything about your family and what your daily life is like. insha Allah everything will go great!!! ;D

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
amenia said:
Hello everyone.

Hi Amenia,
I think by now your hubby must be doing his interviews. I just pray for you and hope for only the best. How i wish he gets his visa same day because this whole process of waiting is really challenging. Meanwhile, i also wait for my interview next week.
All the best!!
Rose13

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
Thank u everyone it mean a lot to have the support. Its actually in a few more he's he for his interview.we r confident that we will at least get the answer if he will come that's all that matter to us right now. Don't get me wrong we want the visa if they will give today but just really want to know our life. Goatlove thank u inchalah Allah will be with us we have prayed so much.

amenia

Feb 4, 2014
ontario canada
Category........
Visa Office......
paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 23rd 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 12th 2013
Interview........
LANDED..........
Omg I just got the call from my husband he got approved it will be about 1 month and he will get his visa omg thank u everyone for the support. The interview was nothing he said they only asked him a few questions omg I'm sooooo happy.

quebec23

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
Doc's Request.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2014
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
Congratulations! I know how happy you must be.
In the end, it was just a waste of money hahaha.