+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband / father denied PR visa. Should that be mentioned in Background declaration question 6d?

stardaow

Jan 13, 2018
MM 5669 E Schedule A - Background / Declaration
6d. Been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other Country?

I am perplexed by the nature of this question. My father applied twice for Skilled Immigration to Canada, in which my mother was the spouse and I (12 and 16 years old) was listed as dependent child. Unfortunately, the visa was denied both times and my father died a few years ago. After almost a decade, me and my mother have applied for Private Sponsorship of refugees to Canada and in the original forms we have answered "NO" to question 6d.
We are still waiting for the interview but are confused if any of us should have answered "YES" to that question. Please help.
NOTE: My mother was present in both interviews but my father was the principal applicant. I wasn't present at any of the interviews.