+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HUSBAND AND WIFE DESPERATE TO REUNITE!!!

mrsduran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2,2012
AOR Received.
June 21,2012
File Transfer...
June 25,2012
Passport Req..
(Date of Letter) August 9,2012 (Date Letter Received) August 23,2012
VISA ISSUED...
(DM) September 22,2012 (Date of Issue) September 18,2012
LANDED..........
October 13,2012 AMEN!
My husband just got his permanent resident status in Canada last December 2010; he was my boyfriend back then, and we were apart for about 7 months until he came back home and married me last September 2011. He went back to Canada after the wedding, and we started on my permanent resident visa application, which we were able to pass last February 29,2012.We've been apart for so long, and since there appears to have been no progress on the status of our application in the website, we realized it would take more than a year for me to be able to go to Canada, if it will be approved. So we decided to apply for a tourist visa so we can at least spend some time together this year.The problem is, I just graduated with a Nursing course, and I'm unemployed as of the moment so I don't have a strong proof that I will come back to the Philippines. My proof of funds are just remittances from my husband and my mom, and my atm account is almost always empty. My husband is shouldering all my expenses if I were to gain entry to Canada. Do you have any advice for me? Your help will be greatly appreciated. ;D

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
you will be denied. Sorry gotta be blunt but thats a fact. They will tell you - you have strong family ties in Canada and you will not return back to your home country.

vechappell

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Yes unfortunately you will most likely be denied. Due to the fact that you have no real reason to go back home especially if you have applied for sponsorship.

The only thing really is either wait for the visa to be given or your husband visits with you.

Nov 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

Don't be discouraged by negative remarks by other people. I was also of the view that its almost impossible to get the visit visa during the spouse sponsor case, but my wife got the visa. Please read what I have done in another topic "TRV for Spouse" in this forum www dot canadavisa dot com/ canada-immigration-discussion-board/trv-for-spouse-t86998 dot 0 dot html (eliminate spaces and replace dot with .).

I have tried to explain all the possible causes of rejection and how to overcome those. Simply saying that we want to reunite is not a valid purpose of the visit. Try to make it more logical e.g. want to celebrate our anniversary together or my husband is arranging a reception for all his friends there and I need to be there for this reception and so on things like these. Similarly explain in details why he / she would leave Canada. To every thing you are saying either in purpose of visit or explaining the facts why he / she would leave Canada attach supporting documents e.g. approved leaves, pay stubs, letter from employer specifying your joining date after the expiry of leaves, if he / she is studen then attach all possible proofs e.g. admission fees, student card, previous semester results, upcoming exam which he / she would attend after returning to home land.

Wish you good luck.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
OK....here's an "out of the box" suggestion to try on.....nurses are in demand in Canada. Can your husband get a job offer for you and you can come on a temporary work permit. You would still have to prove you will return to your home country when your work permit expires, but you would have to do that for a TRV, too. You would have to write your nursing exams before working as a nurse in Canada, but you could work in a lower category, study and write the exams once you got here. Don't know if it would work or not, but it might help your case to get a job at home NOW then apply. If you are a new grad it is important to start putting your skills into practise. Good Luck!

Feb 21, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-01-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-06-2014
Hi - I noticed someone asked you for a copy of the letters you wrote to CIC. We have tried 4x times to get a TRV given that we must wait 21 months for our sponsorship application. This is quite frustrating. We tried to prove he would return but perhaps getting the letters notarized would be helpful.

I did not notice your email on the profile page. Can you please share with me so I can get more insight into the letters you have drawn up?

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lonely Husband said:
Hi everyone,

Don't be discouraged by negative remarks by other people. I was also of the view that its almost impossible to get the visit visa during the spouse sponsor case, but my wife got the visa. Please read what I have done in another topic "TRV for Spouse" in this forum www dot canadavisa dot com/ canada-immigration-discussion-board/trv-for-spouse-t86998 dot 0 dot html (eliminate spaces and replace dot with .).

I have tried to explain all the possible causes of rejection and how to overcome those. Simply saying that we want to reunite is not a valid purpose of the visit. Try to make it more logical e.g. want to celebrate our anniversary together or my husband is arranging a reception for all his friends there and I need to be there for this reception and so on things like these. Similarly explain in details why he / she would leave Canada. To every thing you are saying either in purpose of visit or explaining the facts why he / she would leave Canada attach supporting documents e.g. approved leaves, pay stubs, letter from employer specifying your joining date after the expiry of leaves, if he / she is studen then attach all possible proofs e.g. admission fees, student card, previous semester results, upcoming exam which he / she would attend after returning to home land.

Wish you good luck.
Do you think its possible to receive a visitor visa for my wife, which I am sponsoring if she does not have a job? The thing is she had a job, I was doing all the documentation etc for her to visit me and then the civil unrest in Ukraine came. I told her to leave the country and stay with her sister for now, unfortunately her boss is an asshole who does not care so she will most likely lose her job. All my plans are down the drain.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leopold_31 said:
Do you think its possible to receive a visitor visa for my wife, which I am sponsoring if she does not have a job? The thing is she had a job, I was doing all the documentation etc for her to visit me and then the civil unrest in Ukraine came. I told her to leave the country and stay with her sister for now, unfortunately her boss is an asshole who does not care so she will most likely lose her job. All my plans are down the drain.
Leopold,

Yes, you can sponsor her if she doesn't have a job. You have to have stable income though. The CIC requires at least CAD 2000.00 a month as your salary to prove that you are able to take care of her financially when she's here in Canada. When she enters Canada, do a inland spousal sponsorship if you can.

chums09

Feb 24, 2014
I don't think there is an income requirement for sponsoring spouse (i sponsored my husband in 2009)

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chums09 said:
I don't think there is an income requirement for sponsoring spouse (i sponsored my husband in 2009)
I mean for the visitor visa. If you want to say you are taking care of a person it's better to have CAD2000.00. Spousal sponsorship has no minimum income. :)

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Unfrtunately it is very had to get TRV aproved when there is a spousal sponsorship applicantion pending. The VO always assumes that you have no intention or returning. In your case, it is compunded by the fact that your husband is financially responsible for you and you have really no ties to your current country of residence.

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
Lonely Husband said:
Hi everyone,

Wish you good luck.
Hi Lonely husband

I know this question is silly... Just wanted to know if the letter of invitation should only be hand-written or can even be typed? Also, any restrictions on the length of the letter?!

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013