+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

humber college

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
:mad:hello everyone
i have applied for humber college... i received the confirmation email but not received offer letter yet... plss guys tell me how much time it takes for offer letter...plz rply if anybody know its my humble request

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it took a week for me. It's because I didn't have maths in 12 which was required for the course. But as I had excellent marks in my +2 they waived off the requirement for me. So I'd say one week is Max. are you planning to get into September intake? Deadline for study permit for September session is 1 August. So you better be prepared otherwise get the offer letter, pay the fees and tell the college to defer your admission to January intake. That way, you'll have more than enough time to get GIC, medical etc.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GIC can take 10-15 days normally. But it can be late because of peak season. And by 31 July you MUST have filed your application for study permit. Any application submitted after 1 August will most probably be refused. Then there are stuff like flying to Canada with more expensive tickets and then you'd need at least a week to get your comfortable there before your study begins. I don't think you should make such big decisions in haste that's why I decided to apply for January intake. But decision is yours; if you think everything will be done in 15 days then there's still hope for visa.

uppalmp

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/2014
IELTS Request
6.0 (L-6.5,R-6,W-6,S-6)
File Transfer...
07/07/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected 29-07-2014
SARA KHAN said:
how much time takes the other things like GIC?
It takes 3 weeks for getting gic certificate
One week for opening account and two weeks to get gic after transferring funds.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just FYI application deadline for January intake is 1 December. You can apply sooner than that too when your documents are ready. here's my advice: get your letter of acceptance and defer your fees for January intake. apply for visa after September when they'll have dealt with huge pile of SP applications. once you get the visa, book your tickets in advance and fly to Canada 3-4 weeks before your classes.