+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HUMBER COLLEGE GBM COURSE

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Anyone applying for the september 2013 batch at humber college global business management course?

sippy kuk

Dec 3, 2012
i am planning for this ,
but i have some doubts for the like jobs chances and PR enlightenment..
my id is given below so we can conv over-there sandeepblue15@gmail.com

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
doylia said:
Anyone applying for the september 2013 batch at humber college global business management course?
Am also planning to apply for this course.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
doylia said:
whats ur email id we can stay in touch..
ya sure :

lakshmanan.pandiyan@gmail.com

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is this a popular program or just an easy to get into course.

From what i see, almost everyone going to humber is taking this program. If it is so, i wouldnt count on it to help you find a job that easily after graduation since there will be hundreds others out there with the same qualification looking for jobs.

I would recommend looking at labour market etc and find something that would be in demand in the future.

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
just_do_it said:

From what i see, almost everyone going to humber is taking this program. If it is so, i wouldnt count on it to help you find a job that easily after graduation since there will be hundreds others out there with the same qualification looking for jobs.

I would recommend looking at labour market etc and find something that would be in demand in the future.
Hi. thanks for your reply.
I have the same concern..the job prospects with this course is not good.
I was suggested GBM at HUMBER, CENTENNIAL, SHERIDAN by almost all the consultants. they said I wont be able to go for mba due to my low marks in BCOM HONS in marketing( 52%). Would you be able to suggest me some other course with better job prospects?

tiger007

Champion Member
just_do_it said:

HI,

It's a programme, which is a college PG level programme of 2 years/4 sem/16 actual months duration. Makes students eligible for 3 years PGWP. On top Humber is very popular with desis. And it's in Toronto, opportunities for students to do part time jobs/ earn living expenses. It's a typical college level course, full of desis/some other international students and has unnecessary extra course load. It's for those..who need to get a visa ..on a course which has easy entry requirements, they usually get study visa (because its PG level)+assured 3 years PGWP. I really doubt, as to how many of them who passed out ..actually bagged a skilled job...and at the end to get PR... most run for Manitoba/Sask etc.

Courses like GBM are heavily promoted by agents here in India, often lying that it's a world class course...career guaranteed..and all that B.S, where the college and the agents earn a lot, while the poor student takes out loan to pay the exorbitant fees! You get nothing in value or Canadian education..for the amount of fees you pay!
Most of these PG level business courses of Ontario based colleges are for students looking for easy entry to Canada. Ok.. some may be good...and provide real careers... but for most... it's not that good.

In my opinion, if one is going to college, it's better to do lower level trade courses - certificates/diplomas or real life practical diplomas like Practical nursing, culinary arts, PT/OT assistant,Pharmacy assistant, PHARMACY technician, accounting diploma/certificates etc. There are many such courses... These course have real demand across Canada and most of the students pursuing are Canadians. Or go to universities, to pursue Bachelor's Masters etc.

No offence to anyone, but it's the reality.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
yes tiger you might be right in elebrating all that thing. I have done MBA regular back in 2008 and with 5 years of work experinece can I apply for that course?? and please can anybpdy tell me the fees for that?? My email ID is : ayaz_b85@hotmail.com

Doliya, lakshamnan please stay in touch and email me too,Thanks.

Ayaz

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
tiger007 said:
HI,

It's a programme, which is a college PG level programme of 2 years/4 sem/16 actual months duration. Makes students eligible for 3 years PGWP. On top Humber is very popular with desis. And it's in Toronto, opportunities for students to do part time jobs/ earn living expenses. It's a typical college level course, full of desis/some other international students and has unnecessary extra course load. It's for those..who need to get a visa ..on a course which has easy entry requirements, they usually get study visa (because its PG level)+assured 3 years PGWP. I really doubt, as to how many of them who passed out ..actually bagged a skilled job...and at the end to get PR... most run for Manitoba/Sask etc.

Courses like GBM are heavily promoted by agents here in India, often lying that it's a world class course...career guaranteed..and all that B.S, where the college and the agents earn a lot, while the poor student takes out loan to pay the exorbitant fees! You get nothing in value or Canadian education..for the amount of fees you pay!
Most of these PG level business courses of Ontario based colleges are for students looking for easy entry to Canada. Ok.. some may be good...and provide real careers... but for most... it's not that good.

In my opinion, if one is going to college, it's better to do lower level trade courses - certificates/diplomas or real life practical diplomas like Practical nursing, culinary arts, PT/OT assistant,Pharmacy assistant, PHARMACY technician, accounting diploma/certificates etc. There are many such courses... These course have real demand across Canada and most of the students pursuing are Canadians. Or go to universities, to pursue Bachelor's Masters etc.

No offence to anyone, but it's the reality.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
hi.. thankyou so much for the valuable feedback about this course. considering my marks i doubt ill get through a university. can u suggest me some good management course which has better job prospects?? and do u think i can get through a mba college with low marks 52 % only. one more reason of going for management course is its low fees. mba is too expensive but still this is secondary mainly coz consultants like chopras told me i cant go for mba.
please do give ur expert opinion. thanks a lot again

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
ayaz123 said:
yes tiger you might be right in elebrating all that thing. I have done MBA regular back in 2008 and with 5 years of work experinece can I apply for that course?? and please can anybpdy tell me the fees for that?? My email ID is : ayaz_b85 @ hotmail.com

Ayaz
thanks for ur id.. ive mailed u on it. do keep in touch.

fees for GBM at humber is 12800 CAD one year so two years it comes to 14 lacs approx. and acc to me u can apply to this course easily..

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats what i thought... It's a program that is easy to get into Canada and get a PGWP. But don't expect it to help you land a great job based on the certificate/ diploma that you earn. If your main intention is getting to Canada and getting PR, college education is a short term fix for that. In the long run, it wont help much.

Getting your foot in the door in the canadian workforce is pretty hard as it is , even with a university degree from a reputable university + the current economic situation. but a university degree definitely has more weight than a college diploma (that apparently every Desi on the east coast will have in hand).

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
ayaz123 said:
yes tiger you might be right in elebrating all that thing. I have done MBA regular back in 2008 and with 5 years of work experinece can I apply for that course?? and please can anybpdy tell me the fees for that?? My email ID is : ayaz_b85 @ hotmail.com

Ayaz
ya sure ayaz.

M

Monika Singh

hey dolly,

what's ur profile like...yes I will agree that you have a low percentage but still there are options available in terms of MBA with no work experience, 3 yrs bachelors degree.

can u brief me with your profile. also I have worked with Chopra's years back....they work on target basis. they might have not told you abt the MBA options as the target for the same might was over. Also Humber GBM....consider it to be your last resort...

if you like you can get in touch with me at.singh.monika.aditya@gmail.com

thanks
Monika Singh