+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian And Compassionate Letter

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi, I have just received a letter from H&C saying that my H&C application has been forwarded to the Toronto Pre-Removal Risk Assessment Unit. It is two step decision making process. First, H&C factors are assessed to decide whether to grant an exemption from certain legslative requirement to allow my application for PR to be processed from within Canada. Second, I must meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee protection Act. The second decision is made only if I have received an exemption.

Here is my dilemma..I have also did my refugee case in Canad, it was denied and I was arrested and deported. So, I am no longer in Canada however my entire family, my two brothers, sister and parents are in Canada as a Canadian Citizen. It has been more than a year and half that I have been deported and now I am married and soon to be mother in a month but my husband wants me to abort the child. In H&C letter it says I have an opportunity to update my H&C submission and send updated Application for PR from Within Canada (IMM 5001) within 30 Days or else the decision about my exemption will be made based upon the information on my file.

So, I am no longer in Canada and I am married, how can I go about updating information?

Should I let them know that I am no longer in Canada?

Can I still send updated information?

If I do and if they accept my H&C application for Permanent Residents of Canada, will they send me PR card via mail?

Please give as much help as you can, Thank You!