+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds PR (H&C)

Nch0608

Oct 23, 2021
Hello people!

Seeking information about experience of people with H&C applications. My situation:
  • I'm 65+, retired school teacher from India. Have decent funds in my name and a small property (current residence in India). Have no income source at this point other than savings in bank account.
  • My daughter is Canadian PR, about to be a citizen. She is unmarried but may settle down in the next year or so. She too has good funds in her accounts.
  • My husband and son (adult) live in India- both are working. We three were previously living at our residence together; however, due to marital discord, we are not living together anymore. Both husband and son moved out recently and live at another address nearby. They have major issue with our daughter living alone in Canada on PR, but I have stood by my daughter's side. Both of them have not visited her in Canada even once.
  • I've a valid TRV (visitors). My supervisa recently got stamped. I'm visiting my daughter on my visitors visa. Once I return to India this time, I' plan to come back next time on supervisa. My husband may try his best to stop me from returning though, as has been the case previously.
  • My husband has asked for divorce verbally, which I haven't yet said a yes to. However, I'm thinking of considering it since my life is already in shambles and I want to support my daughter and live with her in Canada. It might mean ending ties with my husband and eventually my son, but I don't have a way to reconcile at this point.
  • My daughter is currently on temporary disability (since last 2 years). She has been in 2 car accidents, in both of these she was a passenger. She is actively attending treatment and is not medically cleared for return to work yet. Hence, she can't try for PGP. If she returns to work in early/ mid 2022, she will have to build income for 2022, 2023 and 2024 to be even eligible to apply. This will take way longer for my settlement considering my marital issues and no family ties left in India now.
  • In the first car accident 2 years ago, I too was a passenger. I too am attending treatment in India and Canada.
My questions:
  • What are my chances if I decide to submit a H&C application? Will the divorce papers strengthen my case?
  • What can be the possible reasons for rejection in my case or cases similar to mine?
  • I have read that success chances are usually low. Like how low?
  • Anything else I should be aware of?
  • Is PGP my only option? It is a tough phase that I am going through.
Thanks everyone. Much appreciate all replies.