+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and Compassionate ground

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Can mental disorder be considered as ground for Humanitarian and Compassionate ground
Be careful with this one! You must be prepared to see a psychiatrist and tell the explicit truth. You will not make it past him/her if you lie. Also, is this just nerves or true mental illness. WE DO NOT MINIMIZE psychiatric illness we treat it. It may not be serious in your country; but it is in ours. If you think it is a way to sneak in YOU ARE WRONG! If it is clearly mental illness watch out for Gov't spending limits. A hospital room in Canada IS EXPENSIVE and with a mental illness the costs are hard to estimate. It is this vague area that could hurt your chances. I think your idea in the context of Canada is VERY risky. Also, I have paid taxes for 55 years; you have not paid a dime. Somebody has to pay, why me? So you can see so called EASY hospital use is is not popular with Canadians. H&C will simply treat you once and send you home with recommendations to your home country Doctor.

www.camh.ca
(It is Hospitals like this that cost money, a lot of it).

Last edited:

Phatyma77

Oct 31, 2018
Yes thank u, she will be seeing a psychiatrist soon as she was referred by her family doctor after diagnosing her with Post Traumatic stress disorder. I am just asking if she can use that as a ground and she also have a baby who is less than a year

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes thank u, she will be seeing a psychiatrist soon as she was referred by her family doctor after diagnosing her with Post Traumatic stress disorder. I am just asking if she can use that as a ground and she also have a baby who is less than a year
Has this person filed for asylum and was rejected? If they are able to seek medical care they must have been in Canada with some form of status.

Reactions: Phatyma77

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I assume the reason for her PTSD was the reason she filed for asylum so not sure the PTSD reason will help. Best interest of the child has a better chance. Due to larger volume of asylum seekers it may be much harder to claim H&C after failed asylum claim since many will be doing the same. Where are they from? Did they arrive directly from their country or have they been living in a 3rd country? How long were they there? Due they have access to residency in another country?

Phatyma77

Oct 31, 2018
She's from GH, she came in through US pregnant and gave birth 6months ago, she's said she was only in the States for less than 6months before proceeding to Canada. Is it possible to apply for Appeal and H & C at the same time? She's scared and also her study permit was rejected, so she's looking to working.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She's from GH, she came in through US pregnant and gave birth 6months ago, she's said she was only in the States for less than 6months before proceeding to Canada. Is it possible to apply for Appeal and H & C at the same time? She's scared and also her study permit was rejected, so she's looking to working.
She needs to be speaking to her lawyer to see what is best for her case. Given her initial refusal it will be an uphill battle. Assume she may have also used legal aid. She will also have to ask what legal work will be covered. Due to the large demand and limited budget, legal aid can't cover all appeals, etc. A Canadian child doesn't mean that she will be granted permission to stay.