+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Human Resource NOC problem

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
Hello I guys, I'm a new member here. I tried to read as much as I can, but I'm really worried about something.

I have been working in HR as a human capital analyst for a year. I always assumed my NOC 1121 would be secure, today I checked http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1121&ver=16 and understood my duties are not mentioned there. I'm really scared of what might happen. This is my job description, do you think it will pass??

1. To integrate and consolidate all HR reporting systems, design new reports and ensure alignment and accuracy in reporting

2. To search, deploy and measure HR global metrics in order to provide enough insight into the HR management team

3. To prepare and update human capital database contain all metrics and measurements required for making decisions

4. To benchmark current company status in Human capital trend with human capital market trends, conduct the gap analysis and collect corrective actions to reach to best practices results.

5. To ensure complex data are visually appealing and present it to HR functions to support them in taking corrective actions and decisions.

6. To Prepare all HR reports as requested such as human capital, financial reports and nonfinancial and etc.

7. To check and monitor entire HR OPEX payments to ensure the integrity and the correctness of allocation.

8. Assist in preparation of forecast HR annual budget and analyze OPEX reports for HR and report on variances against budgets

9. Contribute to the evaluation of the HR budget, make appropriate recommendations for modifications and Improvements.

10. Report the actual budget trend to HR Management frequently and alert them any deviation

11. Investigate the need for running surveys in the company considering shareholders’ interest, industry and company need.

12. To design different surveys and conduct them for the targeted group and also ensure minimum required responses are collected to make the survey result is valid

13. To analyze survey result, present the survey results as needed, highlight areas of interest for different levels of staff according to their needs.

14. To maintain all historical report and survey results for further reverences

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
Can anybody help me?
I am clearly an HR expert with NOC 1121, but HR is a vast department.
none of my duties matches with the provided job description. Will my job experience pass?

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
thanks for the help, it seems better but I feel it's not what I actually do because of the business part

Jul 25, 2019
You shouldn't worry about the job title, the most important thing is the job duties. As far as I understand your job description should contain 60-80% of the duties listed in the noc code. I am an HR professional as well and there is no way I do everything listed in the noc code duties as there are different functions. My advice is either choose the closest noc code regardless of the title, or rephrase your job duties if you can.

Reactions: FrankE

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
You shouldn't worry about the job title, the most important thing is the job duties. As far as I understand your job description should contain 60-80% of the duties listed in the noc code. I am an HR professional as well and there is no way I do everything listed in the noc code duties as there are different functions. My advice is either choose the closest noc code regardless of the title, or rephrase your job duties if you can.
thanks a lot for the help but as you can notice, my job descriptions does not match the examples mentioned in Canada's website very much.
I am very disturbed really.

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
Hi dears
I finally got my IELTS score and will be entering the system as soon as I can choose the right NOC code.
I would really appreciate t if you could help me to choose.
Do you suggest 1121 or 1122??
Unfortunately, I am not able to request any different job duties so I need to choose

Riyaraju88

Feb 29, 2020
Can anybody help me?
I am clearly an HR expert with NOC 1121, but HR is a vast department.
none of my duties matches with the provided job description. Will my job experience pass?
Did you find an answer to this. I have the same issue. I specifically work on training and development and fall under noc 0112 however only 2 job responsibilities from the noc match. How do I proceed pls

FrankE

Aug 4, 2019
Did you find an answer to this. I have the same issue. I specifically work on training and development and fall under noc 0112 however only 2 job responsibilities from the noc match. How do I proceed pls
Unfortunately not.
I hope that there were some experienced people that could help us more .
I chose 1122 but I'm really scared that my profile would be rejected after my hopeful future ITA

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Hello I guys, I'm a new member here. I tried to read as much as I can, but I'm really worried about something.

I have been working in HR as a human capital analyst for a year. I always assumed my NOC 1121 would be secure, today I checked http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1121&ver=16 and understood my duties are not mentioned there. I'm really scared of what might happen. This is my job description, do you think it will pass??

1. To integrate and consolidate all HR reporting systems, design new reports and ensure alignment and accuracy in reporting

2. To search, deploy and measure HR global metrics in order to provide enough insight into the HR management team

3. To prepare and update human capital database contain all metrics and measurements required for making decisions

4. To benchmark current company status in Human capital trend with human capital market trends, conduct the gap analysis and collect corrective actions to reach to best practices results.

5. To ensure complex data are visually appealing and present it to HR functions to support them in taking corrective actions and decisions.

6. To Prepare all HR reports as requested such as human capital, financial reports and nonfinancial and etc.

7. To check and monitor entire HR OPEX payments to ensure the integrity and the correctness of allocation.

8. Assist in preparation of forecast HR annual budget and analyze OPEX reports for HR and report on variances against budgets

9. Contribute to the evaluation of the HR budget, make appropriate recommendations for modifications and Improvements.

10. Report the actual budget trend to HR Management frequently and alert them any deviation

11. Investigate the need for running surveys in the company considering shareholders’ interest, industry and company need.

12. To design different surveys and conduct them for the targeted group and also ensure minimum required responses are collected to make the survey result is valid

13. To analyze survey result, present the survey results as needed, highlight areas of interest for different levels of staff according to their needs.

14. To maintain all historical report and survey results for further reverences
Hi, such confusions often arise with corporate titles. Also ircc noc codes are often generic. So that gap is what creates such confusion.

So the way to go about this is as follows:

1. Find the noc code that you closest fit. In your case, it seems to fit with 1121 noc.
  2. Create a draft picking keywords from the job description of 1121 noc and match it as much as you can so that the case officer is convinced. Also add points which you've done with your organization. All in all the points should match at least 60%. 6 points should be from the noc job description and 4 from your organization making a total of 10 points.
  3. Send the draft to your employer stating that this is for immigration purpose and over call tell them the format and draft has to be submitted as is. Bigger organizations may refuse but that's ok. If the do, follow point no 4.
  4. Get a reply from the employer that they can't issue a reference letter as per Canada immigration.
  5. File a Letter of Explanation alongwith a copy of the response from your employer. Attach all your employment proof such as salary slips, bank statements, offer letter, appointment letter etc.
That is the correct way to go about it.