Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
Hi everyone - this is my first time posting, so please forgive me if I'm making mistakes!

A friend of mine, a Taiwanese citizen, has applied for PR under Family Sponsorship (sponsored by her sister). Her application has been forwarded to the Hong Kong Visa Office, who have had it "in processing" since the end of August. They sent a request for all her docs - she has sent the criminal record checks and had her medical test done, but because she's out of Taiwan at the moment, she hasn't been able to get her Hukou.

We have two questions about this, and I'd be really grateful for any help anyone can offer! We sent a message to the visa office using the link they sent, but there has been no reply from them.

1. Will the visa office update her application status online when they receive her medical test results and criminal record checks? All of these were done a few weeks ago, but they're not showing up when she checks online.

2. Exactly what do they need in her Hukou? She says there are two types of hukou in Taiwan - I'm not clear on the difference (there were some language difficulties in explaining), but she isn't exactly sure what information they are looking for, so as to be sure she's sending them the right thing.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give, folks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is not sure which one they looking for, perhaps she can send both types of hukou?

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
Thanks, Steaky! I will suggest that to her.

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
My friend has another couple of questions - if anyone can help!

1) Does she need to provide her parents' hukou? They are deceased, so she thinks she needs to prove this. (She is being sponsored by her sister.)

2) She'd like to confirm that the Hukou is the document with her personal information, i.e. name, address, bithday, and records of moving and marriage (if applicable) - is that the right one?

Thanks again, folks! Sorry if these questions have very obvious answers; I'm completely unfamiliar with the hukou system myself.