+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HSWP - Employer has questions..

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Hello: I am a Canadian Employer presently waiting on IRCC in the processing of my candidate support worker's application (outside Canada - gaining exp. category). I am trying to anticipate (& avoid) unnecessary delays, and I am wondering if anyone could give some advise regarding the following: 1.) IRCC probably will contact me at some point to ask for verification of my financial ability to pay this worker.. is it worthwhile for me to collect documentation now, to provide a quick response; and what would be appropriate; ie: bank statements etc? 2.) Regarding my need for a support worker, should I be getting a letter from my doctor etc? ie: what kind of documentation to they usually ask for..? Any advise would be gratefully appreciated....I'm a person living in pain daily, watching the months slowly go by, until I have the support I need before I can undergo medical treatment. - Honestly, it is beyond me, why IRCC does not provide this kind of info, in some sort of basic detail.. upfront, it would sure save the guesswork etc..!) Seems simple enough to me!! Thanks for any input from anyone!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello: I am a Canadian Employer presently waiting on IRCC in the processing of my candidate support worker's application (outside Canada - gaining exp. category). I am trying to anticipate (& avoid) unnecessary delays, and I am wondering if anyone could give some advise regarding the following: 1.) IRCC probably will contact me at some point to ask for verification of my financial ability to pay this worker.. is it worthwhile for me to collect documentation now, to provide a quick response; and what would be appropriate; ie: bank statements etc? 2.) Regarding my need for a support worker, should I be getting a letter from my doctor etc? ie: what kind of documentation to they usually ask for..? Any advise would be gratefully appreciated....I'm a person living in pain daily, watching the months slowly go by, until I have the support I need before I can undergo medical treatment. - Honestly, it is beyond me, why IRCC does not provide this kind of info, in some sort of basic detail.. upfront, it would sure save the guesswork etc..!) Seems simple enough to me!! Thanks for any input from anyone!
See this page:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/requirements.html

Proof of individual requiring care
Employers must provide proof that they or a dependant is in need of care. The documentation that must be submitted along with the application form includes proof of 1 of the following:
  • disability, chronic or terminal illness for each disabled, chronically or terminally ill person (provide 1 of the documents listed):
Financial ability
To hire a foreign in-home caregiver, employers must demonstrate their financial ability to pay the caregiver’s wages. Service Canada will assess the financial ability of the employer by using the Low Income Cut-Offs (LICO) produced by Statistics Canada. To have their financial ability assessed, employers must complete the Financial ability section of the LMIA application form. If the total is positive, the employer may be considered as having met the financial ability requirement.

As part of this assessment, employers must submit a copy of their most recent Notice of Assessment (NOA) from the CRA with their LMIA application. The NOA submitted must be from the past year if your application is submitted after July 1. Please note that NOA’s submitted from previous years will not be accepted.

Reactions: Naturgrl

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Thank you for the information.. However this information seems to be within the context of the Temporary Foreign Worker program / LMIA? I am hiring through the support worker pilot.

Reactions: Hummingbird89

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the information.. However this information seems to be within the context of the Temporary Foreign Worker program / LMIA? I am hiring through the support worker pilot.
Sorry, I misunderstood. You are hiring through the pilot for PR, yes?

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Yes, that's correct. The Home Support Worker Pilot. I will be needing support for approx. 8 months as I will be undergoing double knee replacement surgeries. I will be self funding this support through my own personal financial means. (ie: I do not work due to being disabled). IRCC leaves alot to be desired when it comes to providing useful information for the employers.

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Yes, that's correct. The Home Support Worker Pilot. I will be needing support for approx. 8 months as I will be undergoing double knee replacement surgeries. I will be self funding this support through my own personal financial means. (ie: I do not work due to being disabled). IRCC leaves alot to be desired when it comes to providing useful information for the employers.
I also included a letter explaining my situation that was attached to my offer of employment I sent to the candidate that he included with his application to IRCC. as I didn't know if there was additional information required by IRCC from me. So I guess its the waiting game now.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
I also included a letter explaining my situation that was attached to my offer of employment I sent to the candidate that he included with his application to IRCC. as I didn't know if there was additional information required by IRCC from me. So I guess its the waiting game now.
Are there any updates you would like to share?