+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HSW & HCCP 2020 - Temporary Public Policy - UPDATES

xornik

Aug 25, 2014
Can we please use this thread for updates (timeline - progress) regarding HSWP/ HCCP that have been submitted last 2020 and will be or have been processed under the TEMPORARY PUBLIC POLICY?

Reactions: roye

Wilmarie

Jan 18, 2020
Hi, I am January 2020 applicant, inside Canada, with husband and 2kids. On LMIA status, less than 24mos experience.

Last update: May 2021-Updated job offer and family background. No BIL request yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: roye and xornik

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
Oct 2020 HCCP
Less than 24 months
Went from visitor do WP/LMIA while waiting for the hccp
2 or 3 temp AOR
Aug 2021 permanent aor and request for biometrics
Dec 2021 request to pay RPRF
Dec 2021 they updated account to: medical passed
Congrats, when did you received medical request

Clauczar

Dec 16, 2020
Congrats, when did you received medical request
I didn’t receive a medical request. They just updated my account a week after requesting to pay the permanent residence fee. I assume they used my new medical exam from the work permit through LMIA I did in March 2021.

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
I didn’t receive a medical request. They just updated my account a week after requesting to pay the permanent residence fee. I assume they used my new medical exam from the work permit through LMIA I did in March 2021.
Congrats its good news. Is your employer your relative and how soon u got your work permit through LMIA? I also want to try same thing Thanks

Clauczar

Dec 16, 2020
Congrats its good news. Is your employer your relative and how soon u got your work permit through LMIA? I also want to try same thing Thanks
No relative. Canadian employer not related to me. My work permit was approved in 2 weeks (inside Canada) - nowadays is taking longer

Reactions: suneIl

xornik

Aug 25, 2014
I applied Nov 2020 outside
PAOR and ADR in end of Aug 2021
Submitted sep 2021
Its been 3 months after submitting docs, am waiting.
Good for you sunell.. I applied on May 2020 but still just 3 TAOR and nothing else..
This is really discouraging. I've read on Twitter people complaining that even with the backlog they are of course entertaining new applications, thus making IRCC the milking cow of Canada. I'm not even sure what the temporary public policy stands for, does it help or does it worsen the case we have.

Reactions: roye

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Good for you sunell.. I applied on May 2020 but still just 3 TAOR and nothing else..
This is really discouraging. I've read on Twitter people complaining that even with the backlog they are of course entertaining new applications, thus making IRCC the milking cow of Canada. I'm not even sure what the temporary public policy stands for, does it help or does it worsen the case we have.
Everybody was expecting some result of this policy by dec 2021, but nothing has come of it so far and now IRCC will be short staffed due to the new variant.