+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HS or COLLEGE?

PARANOID

Aug 2, 2011
hi how can i know if i will be a HS or a college freshman in Canada? I have not yet applied for a student visa. I am already on my third year (college) here in the Philippines. :-[

qwerty123

Jun 24, 2011
if you finished your HS, you will be a college there, as long as you can provide your HS Transcript and check the school website you want to enroll in, ask them if you can transfer a credit on your course. :), BTW what course you want to enroll?

PARANOID

Aug 2, 2011
qwerty123 said:
if you finished your HS, you will be a college there, as long as you can provide your HS Transcript and check the school website you want to enroll in, ask them if you can transfer a credit on your course. :), BTW what course you want to enroll?
I'm actually having problems getting approved if i apply for a student visa. My program here is AB Pol Sci. I want to apply for a Legal/Paralegal program in Canada. We all know laws of one state are different from another state. I'm afraid the officer might doubt my application :'(

I cannot even wait til I graduate college and then apply for a student visa because it won't change the fact that i'm majoring Political Science here. :-\

qwerty123

Jun 24, 2011
I think Legal/Paralegal program is related to your course and there's nothing to worry about, because after finishing your studies you can still work in a Law office. The visa officer will only reject your application if you have enroll in a different courses and unrelated to your studies as well as you if you have don't strong ties in your country. I would suggest that, try online consultation with the school, they have more knowlegde about this things. Goodluck! :D

PARANOID

Aug 2, 2011
qwerty123 said:
I think Legal/Paralegal program is related to your course and there's nothing to worry about, because after finishing your studies you can still work in a Law office. The visa officer will only reject your application if you have enroll in a different courses and unrelated to your studies as well as you if you have don't strong ties in your country. I would suggest that, try online consultation with the school, they have more knowlegde about this things. Goodluck! :D
Yeah very related BUT how can i convince the officer to approve my application if I'm on my 3rd year now. I can really feel questions like "why not pursue your studies here instead?", "Since you've studied, and are studying our country's political-ities and everything, why fly to Canada and study? How can you make me believe you will come back here if you're gonna go study their political-ity now", "You are taking up AB Pol Sci here, and you are on your 3rd year (1 year and you're already a graduate), then you're gonna take a Legal/Paralegal program there?", BLAH BLAH BLAH. THIS IS HOPELESS :-\

Do you know anybody who's also in my shoes? I'll be very glad to know a case like mine that's been approved by an officer :'(