Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
30th April
Med's Done....
18th April
I will be applying to move to Canada (BC/ON/AB) in the coming months and I would like to know how the job market is in Canada?

I have read conflicting reports, saying it is hard to find a job as an immigrant if you don't have canadian work experience.

Is it really that hard to find a job? I am willing to do any kind of job (not related to my field of expertise/studies) but is it also difficult to find a "quick job" until I find a proper job in my field?

I fear that I would use up all my saved money until I find a job and would need to go back to my home country. I don't mind doing any kind of job as long as it pays enough to allow me to stay in Canada. :'(

C

Classic Chucks

but is it also difficult to find a "quick job" until I find a proper job in my field?
Quick jobs? No. They are available everywhere, especially retail. Working in retail will surely open many doors for you. Get your foot in the door, and do network! Good luck.

Reactions: rajnsk and blivori

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Difficult to get jobs in Canada nowadays.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I fear that I would use up all my saved money until I find a job and would need to go back to my home country. I don't mind doing any kind of job as long as it pays enough to allow me to stay in Canada. :'(
Depends how much saved money you have. Does the saved money grow in time to sustain your life in Canada? Probably not.

C

Classic Chucks

Is this relative to all job sectors or specific?

So do you think I will end up not finding a job?
As I've mentioned above, quick jobs/survival jobs aren't that hard to get into. You gotta be tough though. It is called a 'survival job' for a reason.

blivori

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
30th April
Med's Done....
18th April
Depends how much saved money you have. Does the saved money grow in time to sustain your life in Canada? Probably not.
I will have enough for a single person and maybe a little more, as is the amount required for the express entry.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Most of my friends left Canada since unable to find jobs for a long time.

Jun 12, 2017
Blivori.you are standing on the pool side so makeup your mind and get yourself to swim across. Every person has their own way of persueing their goals. Dont put yourself in desperate situation.otherwise no one will be living in canada if their were no jobs. Give a try .its worth trying than not doing at all.this kind of questions will pull you down.good luck with your new life.its not the end of the world for you.canada is a good country .otherwise you wouldnt have struggled all this time to likely move their.

Reactions: jtoc

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will have enough for a single person and maybe a little more, as is the amount required for the express entry.
Again depends on your lifestyle. Even so, the money required for the express entry won't last forever and sooner it will drain to nothing if you move to expensive metropolis such as Toronto and Vancouver.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Bring $40000/= we can survive in Canada for one year without jobs. Monthly expenses around $3000/= including house rent. After one year we can decide whether to stay or go back to home country.