+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how would an immigration officer identify

digitalmyself

Feb 23, 2010
I have Experience in two different skill category (Canada Immigration related)

NOC skill Category 0111 >>>4 years

NOC skill Category 1111>>>> 1+ years

(Both within last 10 years period)

But my question is Based on the first couple of Application forms (that i need to send for opening the file) how would an immigration officer identify which of the two skill category i am applying for assesment?

I see no place in the forms where I can clearly mention that I want to asses my application for any specific skill category.

Requesting assistance in this regard

Thanks in advance

maapl

Feb 22, 2010
In the form IMM0008 Schedule 3 in the section 11 you need to mention tenure, occupation, NOC code and job desc. Based on the NOC codes entered in the table and the job desc (if applying to CIO NS) and job responsibilites listed in refernece letter (if applying to local visa office) the immigration officer will identify whether job responsibilites match the NOC code.

digitalmyself

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would like a bit more clarification on the below mentioned topic from your reply

"..............job responsibilites listed in refernece letter"

So far I have known, I did not see that any such letter should accompany with my initial application forms.

Would appreciate if you could explain it a bit more.

Thanks again

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
You don't chose which job to be assessed on. In your case they will assess both jobs. It's a good thing to have 2! In my case I had 3 noc coded jobs in the past 10 years. They will look at all 3 to determine if I lived up to the responsibility and duties. In my case however it's moot as I'm awaiting a rejection for reasons beyond my control. Good luck, Canada is a fantastic country once you have job. I'll never forget it

digitalmyself

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks for your help.

It very upsetting to hear about your fact, I hope that your rejection never comes.

It seems like you have been to canada but something turned wrong.

Anyways my best wishes to you.