+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will i use my TRV and get passport stamped?

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Hey guys,

We recently applied for a TRV to Canada because I am the spouse of a Canadian citizen and therefore exempt. We haven't yet heard back but we were wondering should (hopefully) our visa get accepted and we get a passport request, where would we submit it? The VFS in my country (Pakistan) is currently closed so is it possible to courier passport to the embassy directly to get the passport stamped with the visa when the time comes? Please don't tell us to be patient for the VFS to open again, as I am not sure when that is going to be. I would like to know what options we have. :( Please help, friends.

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
best option you have is do not think about travelling this year. all the visa applications are delayed, do no stress about getting passport request anytime soon. besides that is only possible if your application is approved. TRV rejection is very high regardless your spouse is Canadian citizen.
Thank you but I asked a different question :( do you have any suggestions on that front?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys,

We recently applied for a TRV to Canada because I am the spouse of a Canadian citizen and therefore exempt. We haven't yet heard back but we were wondering should (hopefully) our visa get accepted and we get a passport request, where would we submit it? The VFS in my country (Pakistan) is currently closed so is it possible to courier passport to the embassy directly to get the passport stamped with the visa when the time comes? Please don't tell us to be patient for the VFS to open again, as I am not sure when that is going to be. I would like to know what options we have. :( Please help, friends.
You are not thinking straight and trying to put the cart before the horse. You are not going to get a passport request until the VFS in your country start functioning. Though the decision of approval or rejection is made by IRCC case officer at the consulate/embassy it is a standard operating procedure to send and retrieve your processed passport thru the VFS centre and as such like the rest of us you have to wait it out.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Thank you but I asked a different question :( do you have any suggestions on that front?
Hello Maham,
Unfortunately there wont be an exception to your case, I have a friend who just received his COPR but unable to send them the passport as the VFS is closed in our country Bangladesh. There is nothing one can do other then having to wait for VFS to open and CO-VID to go away.

InshaAllah soon things are going to start looking good.

Reactions: Maham Shubair

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Hello Maham,
Unfortunately there wont be an exception to your case, I have a friend who just received his COPR but unable to send them the passport as the VFS is closed in our country Bangladesh. There is nothing one can do other then having to wait for VFS to open and CO-VID to go away.

InshaAllah soon things are going to start looking good.
I had a friend who directly sent his passport to the embassy and got it stamped with the visa. So that's what's causing me to think about this. Thanks for this though, it helps!

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
You are not thinking straight and trying to put the cart before the horse. You are not going to get a passport request until the VFS in your country start functioning. Though the decision of approval or rejection is made by IRCC case officer at the consulate/embassy it is a standard operating procedure to send and retrieve your processed passport thru the VFS centre and as such like the rest of us you have to wait it out.
Thank you but I didn't ask your opinion about whether or not I should apply. We applied because we are exempt from the restrictions. Thank you for your input.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I had a friend who directly sent his passport to the embassy and got it stamped with the visa. So that's what's causing me to think about this. Thanks for this though, it helps!
Well, I have also applied for TRV on March 5th, 2020 while our spousal sponsorship is in process. I am yet to hear anything back from Immigration.

Lets hope we all hear good news soon so we can be with our spouses.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you but I didn't ask your opinion about whether or not I should apply. We applied because we are exempt from the restrictions. Thank you for your input.
Can you please point out where I have voiced my opinion about whether you should apply or not.
Lassie your posts are starting to sound snooty go through the many threads in this forum people with exemption are dime a dozen you are not special.
You ask a question and people here try to help by responding the least they deserve is some respect.

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
Can you please point out where I have voiced my opinion about whether you should apply or not.
Lassie your posts are starting to sound snooty go through the many threads in this forum people with exemption are dime a dozen you are not special.
You ask a question and people here try to help by responding the least they deserve is some respect.
Bro you need to email them at their exemption email on the COVID page and let them know about your TRV that you submitted in March if you have an immediate family member in Canada because then you qualify to travel.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Bro you need to email them at their exemption email on the COVID page and let them know about your TRV that you submitted in March if you have an immediate family member in Canada because then you qualify to travel.
I am already in Canada on a PGWP and the initial TRV issued with my study permit expired. The new application is for issue of TRV to coincide with the validity of my work permit.
My family is here with me as they arrived before the travel ban so that we could observe the month of Ramadan and celebrate Eid together.

Maham Shubair

Mar 14, 2019
You must email them at the email and request an authorization from IRCC given that your immediate family is in Toronto and that's who you're there for. The process has changed significantly. It's important for you to do this.

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
Hello All.
I applied for TRV and forgot to mention my Old visa Refusal from Australia , in 2003 -04..
was worried about my application..heard about 5 years BAN or Refusal..
I also wrote PFL reply by myself with simple clarification.

Application Submitted on 31 Jan 2020
received PFL on :24-02-2020
Reply sent same Day: 24-02-2020
Correspondence Letter Received: 10-03-2020
Passport Request Received after 30 mins : 10-03-2020

Now , due to COVID, VFS closed in my country (Pakistan) but my question is , Passport Request letter received meaning? Visa or there is chances of Refusal as well?

Please share the knowledge.

best regards

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
passport request is a grant of visa. do not worry you have got the visa. if you could enlighten what did you write in your PFL to not receive a ban or refusal but a visa? in normal circumstances it's a 100% ban with a refusal.
Thanks for the information. appreciated.
Well, i just wrote a simple clarification about my sweet mistake by not declaring my previous visa refusal of Australia , way back in 2003-2004. however i paid visit to Australia in 2014 so i thought it shouldn't be an issue by not declaring previous refusal when i got visa later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

Although spouses are exempt when it comes to flying getting a TRV as a spouse of a Canadian citizen can be very difficult so travelling to Canada soon is far from guaranteed. Most are required to wait until their sponsorships are complete.

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
Hey guys,

Hey Maham,
just to share some important info, if you have received passport submission request, than you can send directly to the Embassy , mentioning , Name/Passport # and Courier Tracking number on email.even VAC closed. but without Passport request , it is not advisable.