+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will i receive my PR card

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi All

I have landed into Canada, however due to some emergency i have to leave and will return back later. I need to know the following

Will my PR card be mailed to my husband residence or have i to collect it personally.
how long will it take to be mailed.

Thankyou
Dominica

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
PR arrival estimate time is 6-8 weeks. If you need to travel call CIC for Travel Document.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Dominica said:
Hi All

I have landed into Canada, however due to some emergency i have to leave and will return back later. I need to know the following

Will my PR card be mailed to my husband residence or have i to collect it personally.
how long will it take to be mailed.

Thankyou
Dominica
When you first time landed in Canada have you given your address? If so then they will send your PR card to your canadian address. Your husband can send it to you. So you can travel with that.
If you did not give them any address to send your PR card and you left Canada then You have to apply for travel document and visa. You have to come in canada, then apply for PR card. After that you have to collect your PR card in person.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks Mirajan and Amy,

Actually i was given to understand by a friend of mine that i need to collect the PR card personally, but from what i know its usually mailed across. Since my husband is here in canada he would receive it at his home address. Please clarify the same.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I would suggest if its not really urgent stay there till you get ur PR card. From alot of cases I have seen on the forum sometimes they do ask for a new pic or additional documents.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi Dominica,

Sorry off the topic but what was ur timeline with ur VO which was Abu Dhabi I believe? Did they ask you to cancel your residency at the end before issuing you the visa?

Thanks,