+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to verify whether a Visitor visa is still valid

odonacer

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hello

I am a PR status holder, though I didn't meet PR residency obligations.
Year ago I applied for a Visitor visa (under CUAET program (special program for Ukrainians affected by war)) and received it.

After a few months I got email from CIC office stating that they see that I have a PR and in order not to have any issues in the port of entry I have to renounce my PR status.

I don't want to renounce my status as I rely on it to stay in Canada (I plan to renew a PR card, I have H&C reasons (family, little child and a war in a country of origin)).
So, while I was investigating for information regarding how can I keep my PR status (I can) I found info, here, in this forum, that CIC, after that email, could cancel my Visitor visa, so I won't be able to board a plane to Canada.
Now I'm looking for info whether it's possible? I didn't have any additional emails regarding my Visitor visa, nor my IRCC profile got any messages or status changes for a Visitor visa after it was approved.
So, is it possible that CIC could cancel the visa? Even if they could do that or even if they did that - won't they inform me about this cancelation?

Thank you