+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to use Spousal AoR for work permit in Quebec?

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
We received the AoR for our inland spousal (common-law) PR application, so I'm ready to do the OWP application but I cannot for the life of me figure out where or how. Going through the IRCC portal always kicks me out because I am a resident of Quebec. I have IMM5710 and could do the paper application, but the document checklist says I need a Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec, so I guess I have to wait for my spouse to submit her paperwork to MIFI?

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
I recently applied for OWP, and didn't have any issues doing it online (also in Quebec). maybe it's some other question you answered incorrectly?

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
I recently applied for OWP, and didn't have any issues doing it online (also in Quebec). maybe it's some other question you answered incorrectly?
Also, did you need to buy a visitor health insurance while you are waiting for PR? Any recommendations?

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
Did you need the CSQ, or the AOR was sufficient to apply?
I don't remember it mentioning that CSQ was required, I guess I will see if I receive it or not.
You could probably try to call MIFI.

Also, did you need to buy a visitor health insurance while you are waiting for PR? Any recommendations?
I got the traveler's insurance from the blue cross, it was the cheapest I found that is ok

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks for your answer. I have another question:

When you entered as visitor to apply for spousal sponsorship, did your spouse enter the border at the same time as you? Did she declare she was moving back to Canada permanently? And did this make the border officer more suspicious?

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022

When you entered as visitor to apply for spousal sponsorship, did your spouse enter the border at the same time as you? Did she declare she was moving back to Canada permanently? And did this make the border officer more suspicious?
We were both already in Canada, so can't answer that question, sorry.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

This is a tricky question because most inland applications, both sponsors and applicants are already in Canada. And most stay inland.

btw. until you receive the OWP, your status is visitor. (regardless if you leave and re-enter or stay with implied status)