+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to travel those country where travel document not accepted

bilalbpl

Jan 11, 2014
Hi,
I am holding Travel Document but I want travel to one of country and they don't issue visa to this Travel Document. How I can travel while my PR is still in process

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Realistically, you probably can’t. Even with a PR card, you will likely need a passport, and you do not want to use your home country passport until ....well....ever.

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
You just can't. Simple as that. I so badly wanted to go to Iceland but they used to not accept the RTD. Since Nov 2016 they accept it and I am going in March. Sorry!

bilalbpl

Jan 11, 2014
Is it possible I travel with my home country passport and Enter to Canda with Travel document. is there any possibility

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it possible I travel with my home country passport and Enter to Canda with Travel document. is there any possibility
If you use your home country passport at all, this will put you in serious jeopardy of having your PR status revoked and being forced to leave Canada when you apply for citizenship. If you value your Canadian PR status, do not use your home country passport and do not try to renew your home country passport.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Did you read this?
Even with a PR card, you will likely need a passport, and you do not want to use your home country passport until ....well....ever.
Should you decide to travel on your home country passport, you should expect that when you apply for or renew your PR card, or apply for citizenship, IRCC will review your travel with the passport and determine you have reavailed yourself to your home countries protection. That means you no longer need Canada’s protection and you will be asked to leave Canada or deported if you don’t leave. Same applies if you ever travel to you home country and to a lesser extent if you renew your passport. Unfortunately, as a refugee, there are some things you can’t do....travel to certain countries is one of them. These are the sacrifices you have to make (limited travel, not going home, etc) until you become a citizen.

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
If your travel to Indonesia is worth the potential risk of losing your right to stay in Canada and be deported then sure go ahead! Just put in mind that this can be considered seeking protection of own country and depends on your luck, you might end up losing your status. Do you really want to risk it? Up to you.