+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Track my requested additional documents

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
Hello fellow and senior applicants,
On 23th May, I received a message which ask to submit the Hong Kong Police certificate to IRCC since I had lived in Hong Kong for several years.
On 28th June, Hong Kong Police told me the document had been send out. However, I cannot track the postal mail, because Canada Post does not provide mail track service. Therefore, I'm not sure whether IRCC has received my additional document.
On 23th July(deadline of additional document),there was nothing change on mycic status. So I uploaded a explanation letter and attached witha receipt from Hong Kong Police to IRCC from mycic portal. The status changed to the additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Till now, there are nothing changes on mycic status, but the deadline has passed. So, what I should do now? Wait?

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
Great

One thing to keep in mind is cic status can be stuck at old status update or show ghost updates. I would use case enquiry or gcms to get some sense of where your application is at
My case was stucked in CIO for about 10 months, then moved to Hong Kong and finalized in three months.