+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to track a certified cheque whether cashed or not by CIC

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
hi all,
i see a lot of users regretting that they are not able to track a certified cheque to know whether their application has been accepted or not. I have gone through a rigorous process to know how to track it and guide the tellers at the branch or even on the helpline.

I had been rejected by TD many times when they told me it cant be tracked. Well... Here's how u can track it.
Its easy if they know how and in all cases bank would say cert cheque cant be tracked.

1. Go to Customer Histry Menu.
2. Go to Option 5, under Option 5 look for Certified Cheque. A querry would be required on the date range.
3. Find the actual certified cheque and See the status on it.
4. O means outstanding, C means Cashed.

This is the process with TD. Others branches may have something similar.

I am currently waiting on my PGP 2016 application, Submitted Jan 4 2016 on 8:45am. I am tracking my certified cheque.

Cheers

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you so much delcan25. I used TD as well. Just checked with them today and my cheque is still outstanding. My application was submitted via Happyroad Express at 8:21am on 4 Jan.

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
meisetsu said:
Thank you so much delcan25. I used TD as well. Just checked with them today and my cheque is still outstanding. My application was submitted via Happyroad Express at 8:21am on 4 Jan.
Mine shows the same status. I am happy that the steps worked for you to track it. The banks managers and suppervisors on help lines have no clue how to track it unless u let them know how... lets start tracking :)

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
delcan25 said:
Mine shows the same status. I am happy that the steps worked for you to track it. The banks managers and suppervisors on help lines have no clue how to track it unless u let them know how... lets start tracking :)
Do I need to call TD helpline or go to any of the branch to ask them to check for me? Or do I do it myself through online banking?

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
r3su1 said:
Do I need to call TD helpline or go to any of the branch to ask them to check for me? Or do I do it myself through online banking?
You'll need to go to a local TD branch and ask a teller to check for you. It's in their internal system.

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
r3su1 said:
you can do both. The help line can track too. But you have to direct them how. I tracked both ways.

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
Hi,

I should clear some confusions. You can NOT do this from using your TD online system.

Go to a branch or call the help line. Both can track.

The branch will say it cant be tracked and helpline will say its a branch thing. Well... Both are wrong.

Direct them with the steps and they can do it easily.

Once they are in the "account history menu" they will see bunch of options like 1,2,3,4.....
under 5 there's "Certified cheques". once a querry is done to find the cheque, the status would be easy to see for the teller/helpline. Hopr that helps.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last year I try to track my bmo certified cheque or money order. Whatever u call. They takes 2 business days to track. Then used to say not cashed. I try so many times. Then at last I got email from cic with application number
Thereafter I never check certified cheque status.
Until then I used to open my post box with fear.

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
jhutti said:
Last year I try to track my bmo certified cheque or money order. Whatever u call. They takes 2 business days to track. Then used to say not cashed. I try so many times. Then at last I got email from cic with application number
Thereafter I never check certified cheque status.
Until then I used to open my post box with fear.
Hi jhutti... Sorry to hear that BMO gave u a hard time tracking. I guess with TD it takes only 5 mins to track, if u can direct them. Else they wont know how.

I called helpline this morning and tracked my cert cheque to know its still outstanding. Took 5 mins.. The pain is everytime i have to explain the process for them to track.

Do u remember when u got a letter from CIC? I read in a post that last yr most of the cert cheques got cashed Jan20! Curious to know. :)

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delcan25 said:
Hi jhutti... Sorry to hear that BMO gave u a hard time tracking. I guess with TD it takes only 5 mins to track, if u can direct them. Else they wont know how.

I called helpline this morning and tracked my cert cheque to know its still outstanding. Took 5 mins.. The pain is everytime i have to explain the process for them to track.

Do u remember when u got a letter from CIC? I read in a post that last yr most of the cert cheques got cashed Jan20! Curious to know. :)
Good for you on tracking. I got email in early March.

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
Hey guys, although my certified cheque is still outstanding, my e-cas has been activated! I just checked using my UCI on CIC website and saw my dad's name under my application, status reads "application received"!

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
meisetsu said:
Hey guys, although my certified cheque is still outstanding, my e-cas has been activated! I just checked using my UCI on CIC website and saw my dad's name under my application, status reads "application received"!
Thanks meisetsu for sharing. I use my father's UCI to login and I can see status is ''application received"!

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
meisetsu said:
Congrats meisetsu :)

Could that mean for certified cheques CIC is considering much like confirmed payment in hand and therefore have no problem dispatching the cheques to banks at a later date? :) In a way thats great. Gives us hope.
Thanks a lot for sharing. :)