submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued: 20-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 11, 2014 (Tsawassen)
Hi there :)

I am a permanent resident in Canada and have been living here for more than 4 years now. I am employed in Canada for the entire 4 years and have been filing income tax in Canada for the last 4 years.

My ex-employer back in my home country has now contacted me to help them with a study they would like to conduct in Canada. I have not yet agreed yet because I am not sure about the implications on my income tax or how to invoice this service to a company back in Europe. My questions:
- I only have an individual tax number (I am not registered as a business). Can I write an invoice using this number?
- if this is possible: Do I have to charge the 7%PST + 5%GST (I am based in BC) on the amount I will invoice to the company in Europe?

I have contacted an accountant and he told me that I do not have to invoice them with GST/PST because the service is sold back to Europe. A friend of mine who runs a business told me that this is not true. So I am a bit confused now and really dont want to make a mistake here.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help :)